“What a great way to spend the morning” 5 of 5 stars

+27 82 501 8930
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Paddle the warm waters of False Bay and we'll show you some rather amazing things on our kayak trip to visit the penguins at Boulders Beach. No experience is necessary and it's no more taxing than hiking up a hill. Professionally guided Sea Kayak Paddles every day at 9.30Am throughout the year, weather permitting. Our kayaks are designed for maximum stability in all conditions. Age is no barrier - anyone with full mobility from 10 upwards can do it. All trips are led by knowledgable and experienced professional guides.
Cape Town
“What a great way to spend the morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have just moved to Cape Town and am "busy" exploring this fantastic city. This has definitely been a great experience and one I'll recommend - and hopefully even do again. Seeing False Bay from the water is such a unique perspective. We were lucky to see penguins just about to start their hunt. The day was perfect, water was calm, there was hardly any wind at all, and the sun was shining. And the military practicing their cannon firing added to the experience in an odd way. Derek was great - entertaining and charming. Do this... it's fun.

Visited April 2013

south africa
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a great time! great adventure, we definitely would do this again. we went out for about 2 hours and loved every minute of it. we love south africa and the people

Visited December 2012
Kiel, Germany
“Paddling in False Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were paddling in False Bay with Derek starting at 9 in the morning. The wind were 7 to 8 m/s from the northwest. I was paddling the first time in the open sea under quite rough conditions, but had an experineced kayaker wit me in the kayak. We paddled for about 2 hours first against the wind than back with the wind. We had look around for the ships in th bay, for the coves and beaches and look around in the harbour. The boat were very stable under the rough conditions. It was a great experience to me. I am from Germany and was in Cape Town for a short visit.

Visited December 2012
West Louisville, Kentucky
“Great time kayaking with Derek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I booked this adventure online and it was flawless. Derek showed up right when he said he would, was fun to be around, got us situated in our kayak, and safely guided us to the special South African penguins and back again. Thankfully we had a fairly calm day as, at age 65, the paddling was a little tough on me - so I simply relied on my husband to do the lion's share of the paddling, which he handled in style. We would recommend this outing with Derek to anyone looking for a fun time.

Visited August 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Kayaking with Derek and Whales!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Ed and I met Derek, Kayak Cape Town, in Simonstown at 9:00 a.m., and drove to the launch site. We kayaked down the eastern side of the Cape around Cape Point. The trip took about 4+ hours; the weather was perfect; the swells were 4-5 meters; and we saw whales, seals, penguins, a flock of Cape Gannets, and other sea birds. The whales were distant, but the seals, penguins, and birds were very close. For a couple of seasoned canoeists (but novice kayakers), it was a great experience! We loved paddling to the spot where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet, and being among the relatively few kayakers to see Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope from the water. After returning to the launch site, Derek drove to Cape Point where we climbed up to the lighthouse to look down on where we had just kayaked.

Visited August 2012