“hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Texarkana
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I travel to Texarkana one week a month for his business. We have tried other hotels but have found this one to have very friendly workers and owners. They have gone out of their way to make us comfortable and always have the room we prefer ready for us with no waiting. Last night we wanted to watch something on our computer in the room and were having difficulty. The owner came in and helped us and even loaned us a component from his personal computer.
We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We came in the middle of the night. You get what you pay for. The hotel had a funny odor and was warm in the lobby. There was a fan propped in a chair that needed to be replaced due to the amount of dirt it contained. The rooms were decent since we were only staying for a couple of hours. Probably the worst thing about the place was the breakfast, if you could call it that. It was very limited. No eggs or meat. Orange juice tasted like Sunny Delight and apple juice wasn't much better. I went to get an apple and discovered that it was dusty! Needless to say, I put it back and decided to eat at Dennys a few blocks down. This particular Super 8 is independently operated. The owner has a contract with Super 8. Perhaps they don't have the same standards. I've stayed at plenty of Super 8 and I believe this one is the worst that I have seen. Beware!

• Stayed July 2013
Laredo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Room was very clean., elevator floor was very dirty, you can tell they didn't sweep or mop that floor since Friday that I got there. Hall way had cigarette smell. Breakfast was not what I expected but it was ok....Staff, well I only saw the front desk ladies that is because everyday i saw a different lady, but all of them were very nice and made me feel very nice. but on an overall it ok

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

You would normally expect a motel to be a bit run down and dirty, but this Super 8 was amazing! The rooms were really big, everything was very clean, the carpet smelled clean, pillows were fluffly and towels were soft. It even had a flat screen tv in the room, toiletries, coffee maker, micorwave, and alarm clock. The staff was friendly and dog are allowed for a small fee. It was a great stay and i would highly recommend it.
Also, there is an IHop next door, which is a nice alternative to the motels breakfast, which is a bit on the simple side (waffles, juice, coffee and fruit).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Water does not get hot enough in the shower

Black film/ mold in the shower

Carpet feels damp

Clueless Front desk

Rude employees - housekeeping almost knocked my husband over with the cart. No apology received.

There has been a q-tip in the hallway for 2 days

Knee high grass

Trash on the ground by the front entrance

Old A/C unit. Took hours to cool the room

Received a call from front desk I needed to pay for the second night, even though I have paid in full for 2 nights through hotels.com. The girl that checked us in even said check out was not until 10 am Sunday. I did not understand what was going on and was not about to pay another night for this dump. The issue was due to a "system upgrade." Yeah right....I informed hotels.com of this....I checked out sunday and I was given a copy of the paper I signed on friday indicating I was staying for two nights. They kept this paper right by the counter. Seems to me the front desk clerk i dealt with just wanted extra money or wanted to run us out.

Lesson learned, will never book a hotel based on price, only on reviews. At $60 a night, it was a reasonsble price for a tightwad like me but the savings was not worth it. The $30 a night country host inn motel down the street probably had better service

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Super 8 Motel Texarkana? Share your experiences!