“New Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Texarkana
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“New Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was impressed as I walked into the hotel. When I got to the front desk the girl there did her job but was not welcoming at all. She was on the phone with her friend (Shea) and handed me my key and then walked off. I was waiting for her to tell me what room I was in and where the elevators were but she stood off to the side looking through reservation papers. I stood there unacknowledged until I finally asked the girl "Are you done with me?" she said yes without looking up. Good thing I can read because that's how I found out what room I was in and the wifi code. I came back to the front desk to purchase a candy bar and she had to put her dear friend Shea on hold again.

What counts here for the rating is that the hotel and rooms are really nice and spacious. I'm attaching some pics. I was very impressed with the rate received. My checkout experience with your staff was much more pleasant.

Room Tip: This hotel is right off I-30 and is close to several restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Suites while in Texarkana, AR. We aim to supply our guests with a clean, comfortable environment while they are away from home. To achieve this I must speak with the staff to address certain issues while I am not on the property. In the hotel industry a manager's day is never complete.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
st. louis, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

this is a very nice hotel. fairly new. large rooms. very well decorated and appointed. very reasonable rates. check in clerk could have been a little nicer and more professional. free breakfast wasnt bad at all. elevator and cart for luggage very handy. i would definately stay here again if in area. not sure if they dont give AAA discounts or wouldnt give me mine, most hotels do. lobby area is very large and very nice. bed and pillows very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We take much pride in our hotel being well decorated, clean, and comfortable for each of our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Swartz Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stay at Comfort Suites every time we travel and this one is very new and in a nice area. However we didn't feel any of the staff were welcoming or friendly, but that didn't affect our stay as far as the quality of the place itself. The lobby is modern and colorful, breakfast is the usual for this hotel chain, good. Everything was clean, bedding comfortable. There are restaurants nearby. We booked online at Choicehotels.com and got an excellent price.

Room Tip: We chose a king bed suite and plenty of room because it had a sitting area also.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are so happy that you choose to stay at the Comfort Suites while you and your family are in the Texarkana, Arkansas area. We look forward to seeing you next time.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Recently made a reservation for two nights at this hotel. Having finished business early I checked out early the next morning. Upon receiving my credit card statement I discovered they had charged me for two nights instead of one that reflected on my reciept. Contacted the hotel and was informed that it was their policy to charge for the full reserved stay and credit the credit card later, which could take up 5 business days. I am an elite diamond member with Choice Hotels and this is first time I have heard of this kind of policy, having checked out early many times over the years. Choice Hotels was of no help, guess its time find a different hotel chain.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Sir, there is no credit card abuse happening here. You said yourself that your reservation was for 2 nights. Upon checkin you paid for two nights and decided later that you wanted to leave early. You were refunded for the second night before even leaving the property.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stayed at this location a couple of times this year and it amazes me the amount of wear and tear that has already been done to such a new hotel. I travel quite often, so when I find a hotel I like, I stay there as much as I can. However, my previous stay at this hotel will be my last.

The staff has always been a bit aloof, but it has gotten worse. "Please" and "Thank you" do not seem to be in their vocabulary and they treat you more like a burden than a welcomed customer. This is particularly odd since this is one of several hotels on the same street, so you would think they would show appreciation that you chose them. That has never seemed to be the case, but I overlooked that before because the hotel was so nice.

The rooms are spacious and clean for the most part, but attention to detail does not seem to be a strong suit at this establishment. There are scuff marks and even stains on the walls already. In the bathroom, the corners of the tub are already getting moldy and when I went to grab the bathroom door knob, it fell off in my hand! When I reported it to the front desk, the man acted nonchalant about it as if that were not a surprise.

This is supposed to be a relatively new hotel. They still have the "Now Open" Banner proudly hanging and yet you can already tell it is not being maintained properly. I love the furniture in the rooms, but when I first walked in one of the sofas had big, white drippings on it. I was already fed up with the staff, so I just grabbed a rag and scrubbed it. It came right off, so the problem seems to be housekeeping more than anything else. I plan on coming back to the area soon, but will definitely stay at another hotel on the strip. They lost a loyal customer during this trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal customer of ours. We are situated amongst other hotels, however we aim to provide our guests with the comforts of home as well as clean accommadations. You may decide to try some other locations while in the area however, you will return home.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had been up to visit family in Indiana for the Memorial Weekend. We were returning home to Dallas, and usually are able to make it all the way thru, but construction and severe weather along the way slowed us down. We decided to just stop to relax for the night and finish up the last leg in the morning. Wife got on phone looking for places and found this one online and I believe for $59 for a King suite. At that price, we weren't expecting Bellagio quality of course. So we finally arrived, and found this was a very newly built place amongst a few other chains (Best Western, etc) set well back from the highway. Which was a good thing as far as noise elimination! It made it a little confusing to see how to get to, but a simple call to them and they guided us in! As others have said, parking was a little tight. They had 2 tour buses taking up multiple spots! And also a full length semi and trailer (They may want to rethink having buses drop off guests and park elsewhere, as well as semis). But that may be a rare occurrence.

We got to the room which was very conveniently located on 1st floor, just down from the enclosed indoor pool. They had a laundry area and workout room. We didnt use these but they were very neat and well maintained looking.

The room was laid out nicely, and extemely clean. i.e. no stains on furniture, bed, carpet etc. That you would typically find at the older lower end, pricier places. Bed was very comfortable, and room was quiet. I usually don't sleep well in motels and actually was comfortable enough to get some zzz's! The one thing that was noticeable, not too bad, but something some may complain about, lol, was the low pressure spray from shower. It was plenty hot, but the shower head was a Delta and just had one setting and it was not very powerful. It may have been a low flow head also to save water. Overall, you can not beat the quality for the price! This was a Tuesday night. We had always stayed at Best Westerns out of habit. But if Comfort Suites can maintain this level of cleanliness and comfort at this great price, we will definitely convert!

I have to add though, there is also another Comfort Suites on the Texas side of the State Line, we had gone to by mistake. The girl at the Front Desk at that one is in the wrong biz. Very rude and Snide. We are residents of Texas, and she was an embarrassment. The girl at the Arkansas side was VERY sweet and helpful, and if I can get her 1st name, I will give her props on here.

Sorry for the TLDR post. And I rarely get on to post here on TA, unless it was a really BAD experience, but I felt this place deserved to get a GREAT review! Hopefully they can maintain the quality, and set a higher standard for other places to follow!

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking. But they have convenient designated smoking areas outside.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Our goal is for all of our guests to experience a clean comfortable stay while they are in our area. We are located amongst other hotel chains. The front desk staff is always happy to help guide guests to our location. Next time you visit your family, please stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is nestled amongst many brand new chain hotels. As other reviewers said the hotel is a little hard to get to, but if you pay attention you'll not have a problem. Break fast was better than typical fare, but I'm not a big fan of hotel breakfasts. The room was spacious, clean, and at a steal considering the price of 47.00! Would stay here again no questions asked.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AJ, thank you for choosing to stay with us as you traveled through our city. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Comfort Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!