“DO NOT go in their hot tub or pool!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Texarkana
Madison, Mississippi
“DO NOT go in their hot tub or pool!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My family spent 3 nights in the hotel, and while it was nice, spacious, and new, I was not happy what I came home with. Saturday night my family went swimming in the pool, while I enjoyed the hot tub. My 5 year old was in the hot tub with me for a few minutes as well. Come Monday morning, I woke up with a rash all over my stomach, back, hips, etc from my thighs up to my armpits. Come to find out, I actually have Pseudomonas Folliculitis, also known as "Hot Tub Rash" from the pH levels in the hot tub being way off and not clean. My 5 year old now has a few bumps on her too, but I have 100s. I have taken plenty of photos for documentation as well. This is not somewhere I'd recommend swimming at. I also called the hotel 3 times today, and each time I have been told the manager is busy interviewing people all day and can't get to me. I sure hope the manager is interviewing hot tub cleaners. Thankfully after posting to Choice Hotels Facebook page, they said someone will be contacting me ASAP.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Comfort S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Ma'am this is ridiculous. Yes, I had appointments lined up throughout the day however, had you left a message your call would have been returned as soon as possible. As for our pool and hot tub, they are both cleaned on a daily basis and the chemicals used are also monitored daily. We have had multiple guests use our facilities and none of them have had issues such as the ones you mention here. In the future, when the person you are trying to reach is unavailable at that time, please leave a message so they can get back with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Good:
Room was spacious, nice layout, and clean.
Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Staff was very courteous.
Great deal.

Bad:
The room door was very difficult to open and close. An elderly person or child will not be able to open/close this door.
Very noisy AC (I think) running non-stop all night. It was not the room AC unit. May have been laundry noise from another floor. No such unit nor elevator was near on my floor.
No guest service binder in the room. I was not able to find the time for breakfast. I went down for a Breakfast around 9:10am to find out that it ended at 9am:( This was new for me. I have never stayed at any hotel that ended so early.
Bathroom needs better lighting. The lighting at the mirror is so dark, it was hard for me to see how much make up I had put on...

Stayed March 2014
Comfort S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
We at the Comfort Suites in Texarkana, AR are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. When you return to our area, please visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I checked into the hotel late and all the rooms were booked except for two which were dirty. The front desk girl Amber went up and cleaned a room for us, I have never had service like this at any hotel

• Stayed March 2014
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Suites while visiting the Texarkana area. We strive to make each guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Next time you visit the area please come and stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stopped here for the night while visiting family. Much better than the visit with the family. The room was clean although I didn't move any furniture. The bathroom was clean with fresh towels. We did not use the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Suites while visiting your family in the Texarkana area. We strive to make each guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Next time you visit the area please come and stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a very quiet, clean, and comfortable hotel! Beds were very comfortable! We didn't have the breakfast but it looked sufficient. Pool was very clean but odor of chlorine was very strong. We would definitely stay here again if in the area

Stayed March 2014
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while you were visiting our city. Please visit us again next time you are in the area.
Newalla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. Rooms were nice and beds were comfortable. Room seemed clean enough until the second day we moved a footstool and discovered caution tape under it. Then we wondered how well it actually had been cleaned. Breakfast was ok. Main complaint with breakfast was that the hot water for tea or hot chocolate smelled and tasted like coffee. Not good for people who don't like coffee. If they are going to use the same containers for both then they really need to clean them out before filling them with water. We were there when it was cold, even sleet and ice one day, yet each time we'd come in after the maid had been in we'd discover she had turned on the AC. Not sure if she was hot or what. Other than the few annoyances, the AC, the caution tape and the nasty hot water, it was a decent motel. We would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing us while visiting Texarkana Arkansas. As always, we appreciate your feedback. We will use it to improve the quality of stay for our future guests.
Palestine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Beautiful clean hotel, rooms were clean beds soft,even had a good decent breakfast though didn't change out at all,front deak Amber and Ana and Uliss he had the best smile other wise one night guy was surly, to me the management team was lacking there was a guy waiting for someone to help him and stood there till I got up and walked into managers office were 3 people were chatting and said there's someone at the desk.Still problems with housekeeping slamming doors while I try to sleep in the morning. Very clean grounds.Oh and the pool was cold it's indoor and hot tub too hot!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Comfort S, Manager at Comfort Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Texarkana, AR. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Been to Comfort Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!