“Most miserable experience at a hotel ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Texarkana
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Most miserable experience at a hotel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I booked with them through Hotwire and because of soem accounting problem between Best Western and Hotwire the Best Western wanted me to pay again. They had experienced the same thing before with Hotwire and knew Hotwire was good for it, but yet they wanted to make me pay even though I had already paid. They said I would be refunded later. They held me up at check in and at check out. When I was checking in they finally said I could check in and they would take it up with Hotwire on Monday(I checked in on a Friday). Then when I was checking out the next morning they tried to get me to pay again. That meant they had lied to me the night before. Eventually after caling the manager, no the manager wasn't even on the premisis, they again told me I could go and they would take it up with Hotwire on Monday. Then a few hours later Hotwire called me and apologized, but said Best Western told them to tell me that they would indeed charge me. So, they had lied to me again. I would never consider going there again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Had an excellent stay. Appreciate the polite, thoughtful & friendly assistance of the young man "Gage" who assisted us on check in. Beds were comfy, the cleanliness & friendliness of the staff made our stay great.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stopped in Texarkana late on a Saturday night and the BWTexarkana was our first and only hotel to investigate without checking reviews prior to arrival. Slick, new interior and staff was friendly and a pleasure to deal with. High ceilings in our first floor room and very comfortable beds and linens. A+ place to stay for <$80.

• Stayed January 2012
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a great hotel. It seems to be pretty new. Everything was top notch except for the breakfast. It was a typical Continental breakfast and pretty much everything was awful. Other than that it really is a great place that is clean and with a great staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Wow. We booked our hotel through Hotwire & were upset when it was revealed we would be staying at a Best Western- we never stay at those. We were on a last minute get-away and were tired from driving 500 miles. It was midnight when we arrived at hotel. Walking into a sheik lobby decorated in cool hues of steel grey & blue was shocking to say the least. It was an oasis on the interstate. Our room was so beautiful we got food & stayed up watching TV- we hated to waste the experience! Decor great, bed super-comfy, bathroom clean, good water pressure... We were sad to leave early the next day. This is our new spot to stay when driving to Dallas!

• Stayed December 2011
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I would give it a 5, but it is a Best Western, afterall. We stayed at the Best Western Plus in Texarkana while traveling. My husband was not happy that I booked the BW, but we were both extremely pleased with the quality of the room. Probably the nicest room I've stayed in for $100/night. I would definitely stay there again. We've bragged to friends about what a great find this BW Plus was.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is definitely the nicest Best Western that I've ever stayed in. I'm not sure if this is a new hotel or has just been newly renovated but it has a great modern decor and everything was immaculately clean. Staff on the front desk were very knowledgeable and friendly and definitely made us feel welcome. They also provided a great restaurant recommendation, which made our stay in Texarkana that much better. I couldn't have asked for anything else and will definitely include this hotel as a stop on my next trip in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Texarkana Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!