“Cold Showers?...No Refund” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Springdale
Conway, Arkansas, United States
“Cold Showers?...No Refund”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I usually LOVE staying in the Choice Hotels chain, and this hotel experience wont change my mind on this, but............

The management of this hotel are idiots, and I will never stay there again. I was in town buying and selling guns, and thought it would be a great weekend. Sunday morning(my last day there) I prepared my shower for my pick-me-up of the day......then....

NO HOT WATER!!!!

I called down to the front desk and was told the situation was in hand, that the boiler had broken down at 2am....four hours before. Needless to say, I HAD to take a shower before I went out to meet and greet the public.It was utter Hell, like prison torture. The COLD water was almost unbearable.

End of story. I was offered $11 off my bill, and the manager Chris screamed at me like a little girl when I told him this wasnt acceptable. I reminded him of the power of the internet. I will get my money back in the "great" reviews I give his hotel. I wouldnt stay there if it was the last place on Earth.

Scott Hunter
Conway, Ar

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
arkie_11, Manager at Comfort Suites Springdale, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
NO REFUND, YES HE DID,,,Yes we did have Hot Water issue very late Saturday night,we were very sory for the inconvience, Saturday night we was able to get a tech out there but even at 2:00am Sunday morning he was not able to get back on right away he had to get part,He did and we got fixed,unfortunatly guest did not have hot water Sunday morning,,we discounted everyones stay by 10.00 FOR EVERY GUEST, For most guest they understood that hey sometimes things happen and that was ok,they enjoyed there stay and was not that bothered by this one inconvience[ even though I know it is no fun at all taking a cold shower and we never ment to cause anyone any issues with there stay] This guest however very rude and yelling at all staff and housekeeping or anyone near him was just plain rude and I think you will see this from his comments and understand we are not idiots as this guest has commented, But regardless of his rudeness and trying to exploit a issue to get a 100% free night, I did give this guest a free night, but as you can see even this was not good enough for this guest,We strive very hard to make sure all out guest have a great stay with us and will allways continue to do so.
Not So Much Of A Idiot GM Curtis Boyd

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I absolutely love staying at this hotel. I am always greeted politely. Rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Easy to get in and out of due to traffic light. Breakfast is very good with plenty of options.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed here with two young children and had a great experience. The location of the hotel is great. It's tucked behind another hotel, so even though we were near everything, we weren't right up on the main road with all the traffic and noise. We checked-in late at night and had no problems at all. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. We had a great room at the end of a hallway. Even though the parking lot was full, we never heard anyone - on our hall, above us or below us. We had two small children and there was plenty of room for all of the 'stuff' that goes with small children and room for us to still walk around. The beds were very comfortable! One review said the pillows were small, but ours were plenty big and comfy! The pool was a little on the small side, but it was an indoor one and the kids loved it! Anytime we are here, we will be sure to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The pool is tiny and the breakfast is okay. The staff were all very pleasant. I was the leader of a small group of high school students, and all of the rooms we had were very nice and clean. The desk area in the room was great. They had an ethernet hookup for internet as well as wifi. The fridge worked great. We utilized the small conference/meeting room (called the Razorback room) and it left something to be desired. There was a small white board and a few cabinets along with a long table with about 10 chairs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Sheridan, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have been working in another area for an inspector that was off. I found that the Comfort Suites in Springdale was almost center of the area that I was to inspect. The room was very spacious and with a computer desk to complete every day's work. Nice and quiet with a great breakfast offering. I never left without a good breakfast. The business office was open for use and was very handy. The entire staff seemed to be there just for me. Its hard enough to work out of town, but Comfort Suites makes it almost like being home.

If your coming to Sprigdale Arkansas, stay with family at Comfort Suites. I did.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wood River, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite for free upon check-in, however I never used it. The breakfast could have been better, you can definitely tell the eggs are made instantly. The fridge in my room did not work, but that was okay for me because I ate out at the restaurants nearby. My main complaint about this hotel is going to be the pillows. The pillows are about the size of normal decorative pillow for a couch. I had to use four of them to get a somewhat good night sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The front desk staff is somewhat friendly and checks you in very fast. The breakfast is a bit on the low end of the hotel, it doesn't offer enough choices to choose from and i would like to see Choice Hotels International upgrade their breakfast. Overall it was a nice stay and i hope to come back whenever i'm around this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
arkie_11, General Manager at Comfort Suites Springdale, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank You. Your feedback is very important, We will look to improve the Breakfast experiance

Been to Comfort Suites Springdale? Share your experiences!