“Extraordinary Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Springdale
Denver, Colorado, Usa
“Extraordinary Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have had the occassion to stay at this property three time in the past seven months and every visit was at least a week. Even though the hotel is under renovation the inconvenience is minimal and certainly overcome by the professionalism and accomodation of the staff. They provided me with the same room every time, (Suite) and were able to extend my stay without issue. All amenities, pool, exercise room, lobby etc are very well kept and comfortable. Over-all, as with most hotels, they are "just buildings." The success or failure of any property rests with the staff and this Fairfield Inn is extraordinary specifically because of it's staff.

Room Tip: Request the suite...great value.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member, almost gold level (50 stays in a year), so I know Marriotts. This was a bad experience. The hotel was under renovation in February, but that was no excuse for what we observed. Specifically, why was the young woman at the front desk so totally ignorant of what was going on in the hotel? We asked for a quiet room, and she put us right beside the noisy ice machine. We asked what was happening with the painting and wallpapering (evidence of which was all over the ice machine room), and she said that she thought that the renovators would not be working on our floor. Wrong! They were banging about the next day, and the stench of paint and adhesives was overpowering. Why did it take two trips to persuade her to give us a larger room, given that the hotel was nearly empty? Why was there no fruit or yoghurt whatsoever at breakfast? The pitiful excuse was that a dusting of snow, which had fallen during the night, had slowed down the delivery. Why was there a big hole in one of our facecloths? Can't they replace worn-out linens? Why was the phone connection by the desk ripped out of the wall? I could go on, but you get the picture.

Room Tip: Ask if the low price is due to the hotel being renovated, and, if so, stay away.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Springdale, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Springdale. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Our continous effort to improve during this renovatoin process has left some issues needing to be addressed. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. It is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

springdale, arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I rented two connecting suites for a night. The 17 and 18 year old girls that were with me to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday had one of the suites and I took the other. The beds were very comfortable, bathrooms as well. The rooms were quiet. The staff was excellent. We dealt with 4 or 5 different staff members during our stay there and all were extremely accommodating and courteous. Paul made us a good price deal for our stay and allowed my group of girls and some of their guy friends to hang out in the lobby for a good part of the evening playing games, playing the Wii, having birthday cake, and generally having fun in a safe and comfortable environment.

There were a few shortcomings however, such as:

No fresh fruit for breakfast, the vending machines were out of water and soda, and the pool needed a little cleanup. Once I mentioned the pool, they took steps to clean it right away, which I really appreciated.

Would I stay here again? Yes, I would. Thanks to Paul, Fillie (spelling?), Crystal, and another gentleman that was at the front but I never got his name, for all of your hospitality. You all were great and the price was right.

A Happy Mama

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stay in Fairfield Inns and SpringHill Suites very often. Avoid this property, at least until the upgrade is complete. There are other properties nearby that would be better. Property is older.I disagree with a recent review that said the gym was great. It had one single very old treadmill with a slipping belt, was very warm with no thermostat and no antiseptic wipes. The first room they tried to put me in had work being done in it. The next room was sufficient, and had the standard comfortable Marriott bed. The staff were nice enough, it is just the property that was old and outdated. If it is your only option (for a football game or another event in the region), it could work. Otherwise look elswhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Springdale, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. It’s never easy going through a reservations knowing you’re very close to being brand new again, while at the same time managing the old conditions of the hotel at hand. I know we've failed you as a Marriott guest during this renovation process. So please accept my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My overall experience was good. The suite and bathroom were super clean but the television had a picture distortion. The pool, hot tub and gym were great!

I really liked that they had 2 guest computers for internet, a printer, a fax and other amenities down to paper clips and staplers in the guest business center in the lobby as I was there on business and this was very convenient and much appreciated.

This hotel is under renovation until May, 2013, so there were a few things missing like vending machines.

One thing I did not like was the "breakfast". It was awful. Only the typical cereal, waffle iron, some pre-packaged sausage biscuits and boiled eggs that were very rubbery. I was running a little late and had to wait on a waffle that was cooking in the waffle iron before I could pour mine. When the buzzer went off for the waffle in the iron indicating it was fully cooked the hotel employee who was in charge of the breakfast came out of the back room and said, "Oh, that's mine.". I couldn't believe that I was having to wait on an employee cook her personal waffle while I was running late for my business appointment. Unfortunately, I don't think I will forget that detail when the rest of the staff were very accommodating and professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. The actions of my staff were unprofessional and do not reflect the standards and guidelines we have in place.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have travelled to the Fayetville, Springdale and Bentonville area for business for the past 4 years and can honestly say this is the only hotel I book. in brief I look for only a few particulars when travelling. Convenience. Cost. And comfort. This hotel meets all three with additional benefits as well. Its very apparent that the proprietors have a finger on the pulse when knowing what lodgers are looking for. Professional management. Knowledgeable staff that are very helpful with visitors to the area. Im a light sleeper so the welcomed peace and quiet where highway noise is silenced is a huge plus to me. Spacious rooms with sleeptight comfort. I seldom write reviews or fill out comment cards, but this hotel is worth highlighting.

Room Tip: Ive stayed on all floors and both sides of the hotel. Honestly can't reccommend one over the oth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff was just fine and the general look of the room was nice. However, the bathtub was missing some pieces and the shower curtain was held up with zip ties. My husband recently became a Marriott platinum rewards member and was excited to find out how he would be treated differently - he wasn't. No room upgrade or gift as promised by the rewards member brochures. I even asked about it was was told "Uh... we usually have bottled water, but we're out."

The only saving grace was that nothing bad happened and the staff was friendly. If you're going to be in the area, don't expect anything spectacular from this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suit for the small amount more. It's worth the extra space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Paul P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Springdale, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay with us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. We strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Springdale? Share your experiences!