“You get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Springdale
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Lobby was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. We asked for a non-smoking room. As soon as we stepped of the elevator onto the 2nd floor, we were hit with the smell of old cigarette smoke. The room smelled even worse. There was a sign on the table that said "thank you for not smoking", but the room had obviously been heavily smoked in. It smelled of a mixture of old cigarette smoke and like too much air freshened had been sprayed to try and cover it up. It gave me a headache. The bedspread had cigarette burn holes on top and underneath. There was a chair in the corner that had multiple stains on it that gave off a sour odor that I can't really otherwise describe. The carpet was DISGUSTING. It had dark spots in it starting at the door and all throughout the room. There was a huge spot that looked like an old bloodstain. It obviously hasn't been cleaned in months if not longer. The shower was stained and dirty looking and the tub didn't drain well at all when my husband showered. The sink didn't drain well either. The a/c unit made clicking noises all night, but it was tok hot to turn it off. We asked to move to a different room the next day and the woman at the desk was very accommodating and kind. The next room was better. No old smoke smell, carpet was cleaner though still stained. The bedspread still had burn holes in it. We'll definitely spend the extra money next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seligman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The 4 and 5 star reviews are probably employees or management trying to "pad" their rating. Or maybe someone spent 5 hours in a room just to sleep. I lasted about 3 days before I couldn't take it anymore. All through the night I heard screaming, shouting and things getting slammed against the walls and floor above me. Who are these people?! There is never anyone at the front desk and you're lucky to get an answer on the phone. The internet is a joke, expect dial-up speeds unless you want to pay $10 more a night for faster internet. TV channels are constantly cutting in and out, I was told to call Cox, and Cox said the hotel manager has to report it and Cox wouldn't help. Wow. My stove didn't work, both sinks had an annoying, loud drip that made it difficult to sleep and the air conditioner emitted a nasty smell when it ran. I asked for another room but they said they were booked solid. Not sure if I believe that or not - it was the middle of the week and the parking lot never got that full until the weekend. The main trashcans were always full, overflowing, and probably accounted for the overall stink. Oh, and while I was here, the cops busted the place for a $200,000 drug raid. Makes ya feel real secure. It's $2 to wash and $2 to dry your clothes. Don't get a roll of quarters from them, they'll short you - my roll was 2 quarters short. Cheap shot, lady. I probably wouldn't have submitted this but that was the last straw!

Yes, it's cheap, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a great hotel for the price! Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds! Close to lots of good restaurants and grocerie shopping to fiil up the fridge in the room.The parking lot is well lit. I will only stay here! Wish i would have known about it years ago!

• Stayed October 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Fordyce ar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was the dirtiest place I've EVER stayed. The stale smoke smell was overwhelming in the halls and in the room. The linens and towels smelled sour and the carpet was filthy. Our bathtub did not look as if it had been cleaned in months, We would have left but it was a college football week- end and hotels were all filled. Other hotel guests were either football fans like us (and stuck here without options) or people who looked like vagrants. We saw 3 police cars out front before we left. Sleep in your car before staying here.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms and hotel. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we have made several modifications as appropriate. Linens and towels since have been replaced and carpets are being kept clean on a daily basis to prevent any future re occurance.

Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Where do I begin. I made my reservation and I got on their website and became a "member" to receive an $10 discount on my next stay (never thought that $10 would be such a big deal). So my stay would cost me just $45. Hmmm ... flag! I was told the $10 would credited back to my credit card upon check out. Ok we'll see. Upon getting off the elevator, I don't even know how to describe the carpet. Looked like something out of a frat party. Dirty, nasty, huge stains, and the smell .. no ... reeking of smoke and filth and that was the hallway.

As I have never stayed in Extended Stay America (and won't ever again) i just expected a few basic things, such as: tissues, more than 2 towels, complimentary shampoo, and clean smelling rooms. The last is a biggie for me. OMG, the smell was so strong. Having my wife and kids with me, I was embarrassed that I booked a room like this to keep my family in, if only for one night. I even brought a can of Febreeze and that didn't even put a dent in the stench! Even sprayed directly to curtains and bed and floor and still nothing. I guess Febreeze has it limitations. It can't help things that need soap and water or complete replacing.

The A/C worked so I can't say anything negative about that and the kitchen area looked clean, but afraid to use it. Now for check out, as I was to get my discount for being a "new member" I wanted to make sure it was credited back to my card. I waited 5 MINUTES at the front desk. Not one person anywhere to be seen or heard. So I called out ... NOBODY. So I used my cell phone to call the hotel to see if any employees were manning the phones. Well someone finally picked up. I told her that I am at the front desk and wanted to check out. About a minute later she popped out a side door. Never in my 30 some odd years of travelling have I ever had to call a hotel to get someone to check out. She was pleasant and polite, but working a front desk, not her strong point.

I told her I wanted to check out and make sure I got my discount. She looked confused and she started clicking on different things and handed me a sheet telling me that they are crediting my card for the discount .. OK sounds good. I asked for my final print out and as I walk out looking at it, I see that I have an outstanding balance of $22 (taxes and yes the room was only $45, I guess they have 50% tax) and they charged me and extra $10 instead of crediting me $10. So I walk back in and wanted them to explain what I'm looking at on my receipt. She said, "I think I messed up on yours." I even had tax on my check out day ... yes prorated tax on check out. NEVER have I seen that. She cancelled the transaction and checked me out a second time and told me it was fixed as she had to pull out directions to check me out. If you need directions ... you are in the wrong business. I got my receipt and it looks right, but my credit card still looks like it was charged for extra tax. I guess I will be calling again, just happen to have that number on my cell phone.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10-$20 for a better hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, August 16, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. A stay which includes a clean room, one that meets our strict guidelines and passes inspection, as well as one which comes complete with great customer service. While I am pleased to hear that the Front Desk Agent was able to assist you in the end, I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you had to experience in order for your final bill to be accurate. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Texarkana, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I chose to stay at Extended Stay America because it offered the best rates in the Fayetteville, Springdale and Rogers area. It's a fairly new, 3 story hotel, right on I-540, the main freeway in Northwest Arkansas. I was surprised how close the hotel was to the interstate, closer than most hotels. Fortunately I asked for a room not facing the interstate, and I wasn't bothered by the noise of passing cars and trucks during the night. It's also not right at the junction of I-540 and US 412 in Springdale. You have to head south on 48th Street for about half a mile, and then turn west on Luvene Avenue, where the street ends right at the hotel. I enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay America. It was easy to check in. I thought the room was nice, and was very good value for what I paid. I had a good night's sleep. I even enjoyed watching Showtime 2 on TV. Not every hotel offers this premium channel. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm traveling through the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We apologize for the noise level of the interstate, but are pleased to know you were not overly affected by it, and that you enjoyed our television channel offerings.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband, daughter and myself were passing through on our way to Kansas. It was late, so we wanted to rest up for the night. Rates were pretty cheap. $60 something for the night, but now I see why they were so cheap. As we went into the lobby to check in, everything looked nice and smelled good. As soon as we got off the elevator on the 2nd floor, a smell of sour dairy hit you like a ton of bricks and there were huge stains all over the carpet. When we got into our room it looks ok, minus the smell and tons stains. We would not take our shoes off to walk around!! The room did have a nice refrigerator, two burner stove, sink, a few dishes, and other extras. The bathroom looked like the toilet seat had not been cleaned in awhile. Thank God I brought Clorox wipes with us. This hotel looked like it would have been used for Frat Parties with all the nasty carpet stains and smells. The bed was not too comfy either. Morning could not come fast enough!!! I will say the hotel staff at the front desk was very friendly. This would not be a bad place if you brought cleaning supplies, slippers, and air freshener!!! This has been the worst, unclean Hotel we have ever stayed in. We will NEVER stay there again. Will pay extra for a place I know is clean. FYI to the Hotel Management….fire the cleaning lady, and shampoo the carpets!!

Room Tip: Avoid stinky 2nd floor!!!!! If you stay here make sure you bring cleaning supplies and air freshener...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale? Share your experiences!