“Dirty, needs a makeover! Disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Little Rock North Landers Road
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4100 East McCain Boulevard, Sherwood, AR 72117-2523   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sherwood
White Oak, Texas
“Dirty, needs a makeover! Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I found the pictures of this establishment to be deceiving. While the staff is friendly and courteous, it can't make up for the short-comings of an establishment way past its prime. This hotel is old and very much in need of an entire overhaul. Had to move rooms upon check-in because the room assigned smelled of cigarette smoke (even though it was marked a non-smoking room). I was moved quickly and without incident. I could overlook the age of the hotel if the cleanliness had been up to par. The carpet was filthy, there was hair on the bathroom tub and floor that were there when we checked in, and dead bugs in the dresser drawers! Gross! Even though it was located at a very busy intersection, you had to cross an insanely busy road to get to any of the "normal" restaurant options (Hooters and an expensive Japanese steakhouse were the only options within walking distance). Will not stay here again. If La Quinta continues following in the footsteps of the Choice Hotel line by purchasing old hotels and slapping their franchise name on them recklessly, I'll stop staying with them, too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mortlake, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Memphis. The rooms were basic but also warm, clean and very reasonably priced.
The place is handy to most things in North Little Rock.
I would recommend this place to the budget conscious traveller.

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love staying at the La Quinta Inn on Landers Road in North Little Rock. All of the Employees are very courteous and the rooms are always clean. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Week ends and week days are always great. Thank you La Quinta for giving me such a Great experience. I'll definetly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kyle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great location but this is a motel. Staff was nice and allowed us to check in an hour early. Our first room reeked of smoke. I got another room and it was better. Then by the end of the night, all we could smell was smoke. With a baby, it was not pleasant. But it was late and we were there just for the night. I cancelled the next reservation on the way back and will be staying at the la Quinta across the street. Hope it's better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Sherwood hotels

Mattoon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were assigned room 136. Opened the door to a musty smell and toilet running. Sprayed our air freshener which didn't last long. The phone rang and it was the front desk asking if our room was OK. We told her what we found and asked if we could move. She offered the room next door.After checking it out, we moved. After settling in, I washed my hair and could not get the hairdryer to work. Called front desk and asked if we could use the one in the room next door since we hadn't returned the key yet. It didn't work either. Must have been a blown circuit or something. Called front desk again, said my hair was still wet and neither hair dryer worked. She was VERY helpful and said she'd be right down. She gave it a try, but still didn't work. Went to look for an extension cord and came back with another unit to plug into another outlet. My hair was 90% dry by this time, so didn't take long to finish. Success! We were compensation for our hour long fiasco was reflected in our bill.Good job La Quinta! This how you keep people coming back after they've had a not-so-great experience. . There was also a very nice security guard who accompanied the desk clerk for safety as the hotel is very large and rooms are all accessed from outside.
This is an older hotel but is overall pretty nice. Rooms have microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV. A 2-3 minute walk through the parking lot and you can be at the mall, Cactus Jack's Mexican Cantina,(VERY good), Hooter's, Jimmy John's, a Japanese restaurant, and many other shops. I would stay here again. It's a good value and the service was great!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 136. It smells bad and the toilet runs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vacaville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Although this motel appeared to be clean, I killed three crickets and one sewer roach in my room. When I inquired to the desk clerk regarding exterminator service her comment was that they used an exterminator on an "as needed" basis. The entire room had a musty smell to it. I don't know what other problem they had, but a policeman was arriving when I was en route to my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Little Rock North Landers Road? Share your experiences!