“A good bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Searcy
Olathe
“A good bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The M-Star is probably the best bargain in Searcy. The people at the front desk are very nice and helpful and do their best to make sure you are happy. The M-star is a basic motel. Everything was fine and clean and it was nice to have the choice of a few cereals, juice, coffee and breads for a quick breakfast. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only complaint I have was that our room had a strange odor. We guessed that it was a deodorizer of some sort but it wasn't a smell that we liked. We did not mention it to the front or ask for a different room. So, it could have just been the one room. I do believe that they would have done anything necessary to make it right if we had. You really can't beat the price or location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to share your review with us and the fellow travel community. It is our goal to provide our guests the best service there is to offer in the Searcy area. My staff and I are pleased to have served you well and made your experience at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy a memorable one. It pleases us to know that you appreciated the staff and comfortable beds, for we hope to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible while giving them the best value for their money. I always encourage our guests to let us know when there is something we can help them with as usually it is something that can be quickly solved to make their stay even better. We hope to hear from you during any future travels to the Searcy area. Thank you again for your time.

Best Wishes,

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I absolutely love staying here. It's always a great experience. It is certainly not the newest place in town, but you can always be sure that you will have great customer service and a clean, comfortable place. Management will go out of their way for you. I get to go to Searcy a couple times a year to visit my Harding student and this is always my choice. It's reasonable, close to school, and parking just outside your door is great. I'll be back again, and again. Thanks as always!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
From the entire staff at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy, we would like to thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and the fellow travel community. We greatly appreciate your continued business with us. To hear that we are consistently serving you well is both rewarding and inspiring. We will always remain 100% committed to serving our valued guests in any way we can. We are here to help, as always! We are looking forward to your next visit with us. Please contact us at 501-268-3511 if we can be of assistance.

Warmly,

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my second time staying at M-Star in Searcy. Staff was very professional and friendly. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included with good selections. For the cost, this is the best stay in Searcy!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
From the entire staff at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy - thank you for your repeat business! We value each and every guest and it is pleasing to hear we are doing things right by our customers. We enjoy having you here with us and look forward to continuing to serve you well in the future. As always, we are ready to help in any way we can. Please contact us at 501-268-3511 if we can be of service to you. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Kindly,

Big Sandy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My Husband & I really enjoyed our stay @ the Searcy M Star Hotel last weekend. I noticed immediately, that the rooms were very clean, well kept, & decorated nicely. My Husband couldn't get over the fact of how comfortable the beds were. We will more than likely be using M star for a cozy place to sleep from here on out!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for honest review for the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. We value your business and enjoyed having you as our guests. The comfort and satisfaction of our customers mean so much to us, and to be able to ensure it without fail is one of our goals, here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. To hear that we have served you well pleases the entire staff. We hope to see you again very soon. Please call us at 501-268-3511 if we can be of assistance to you during your future travels to the Searcy area.

Warmest Regards,

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On our way to TN from OK we decided to stop about half way instead of driving the entire 10 hours all at one. The M-star was the first place we came to. We checked in, the desk person was very friendly (I thnk his name was Tony) and we were very suprised at how nice the room was for a smoking room. The beds were VERY comfortable. Although the hotel is on a main road it was very quiet. The only complaint I have is the AC in the room we stayed in was missing the Thermostat so we were up and down turning the unit off and on. I am sure they would have put us in another room had we complained but I was to tired and it wasn't a big deal for one night. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for giving the M-Star Hotel - Searcy a chance to earn your valued business. It is one of our goals to provide our guests the best service there is to offer in the Searcy area. My staff and I sincerely appreciate the time you took in writing us your valuable feedback. We couldn’t be more pleased to have served you well and made your experience a positive one. It pleases us to know that you appreciated the hotel cleanliness and the staff's friendliness in total, for we wish to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible while giving them the best value for their money. We would love to have you as our guest again at any time here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. If we can be of assistance, please let us know at (501) 268-3511.

Yellville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed at M-Star in Searcy, during the Special Olympics. It's within walking distance of the University, and good enough for a couple-nights' stay. Folks were friendly. Only complaint I have (although I didn't actually complain) was the bathroom light wasn't functioning very well and I needed to take a flashlight in with me. Other than that, it was just fine, and I'll likely book there for next year's event.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy! We loved having you here with us during the Special Olympics held at Harding University and it pleases us that you were happy with your room. I appreciate the feedback regarding the bathroom lighting. My staff and I are more than happy to take care of any issues during your stay, just let us know when/if we can be of service. We checked each light and are happy to report everything is in working order. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again next year!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Let's face it, if you're in Searcy, you're probably dropping off/picking up a student at Harding University. (Go Bison!)
If you're looking for a brand new, top-of-the-line hotel, this isn't it. But, the M-Star is still a good place for a 1-2 day stay. It's an old 60's-style motel, doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's clean and the staff is very nice and very accommodating. We've stayed here at least 5 times, and only once was there a problem. When I emailed them about it, I received an immediate reply and there have been no problems since.
The breakfast is good, and since you're all there for the same reasons, there's always conversation among the guests. The breakfast area is small, but you can always take your food back to your room.
The staff goes out of their way to be nice, and will do whatever is necessary to make your stay pleasant..
And did I mention that it's CLEAN?! :)

Room Tip: Make sure you book online and check out the "Manager's Special". With everything else...