“Not what we expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Searcy
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
“Not what we expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On our way to TN from OK we decided to stop about half way instead of driving the entire 10 hours all at one. The M-star was the first place we came to. We checked in, the desk person was very friendly (I thnk his name was Tony) and we were very suprised at how nice the room was for a smoking room. The beds were VERY comfortable. Although the hotel is on a main road it was very quiet. The only complaint I have is the AC in the room we stayed in was missing the Thermostat so we were up and down turning the unit off and on. I am sure they would have put us in another room had we complained but I was to tired and it wasn't a big deal for one night. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for giving the M-Star Hotel - Searcy a chance to earn your valued business. It is one of our goals to provide our guests the best service there is to offer in the Searcy area. My staff and I sincerely appreciate the time you took in writing us your valuable feedback. We couldn’t be more pleased to have served you well and made your experience a positive one. It pleases us to know that you appreciated the hotel cleanliness and the staff's friendliness in total, for we wish to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible while giving them the best value for their money. We would love to have you as our guest again at any time here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. If we can be of assistance, please let us know at (501) 268-3511.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Yellville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed at M-Star in Searcy, during the Special Olympics. It's within walking distance of the University, and good enough for a couple-nights' stay. Folks were friendly. Only complaint I have (although I didn't actually complain) was the bathroom light wasn't functioning very well and I needed to take a flashlight in with me. Other than that, it was just fine, and I'll likely book there for next year's event.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy! We loved having you here with us during the Special Olympics held at Harding University and it pleases us that you were happy with your room. I appreciate the feedback regarding the bathroom lighting. My staff and I are more than happy to take care of any issues during your stay, just let us know when/if we can be of service. We checked each light and are happy to report everything is in working order. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again next year!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Let's face it, if you're in Searcy, you're probably dropping off/picking up a student at Harding University. (Go Bison!)
If you're looking for a brand new, top-of-the-line hotel, this isn't it. But, the M-Star is still a good place for a 1-2 day stay. It's an old 60's-style motel, doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's clean and the staff is very nice and very accommodating. We've stayed here at least 5 times, and only once was there a problem. When I emailed them about it, I received an immediate reply and there have been no problems since.
The breakfast is good, and since you're all there for the same reasons, there's always conversation among the guests. The breakfast area is small, but you can always take your food back to your room.
The staff goes out of their way to be nice, and will do whatever is necessary to make your stay pleasant..
And did I mention that it's CLEAN?! :)

Room Tip: Make sure you book online and check out the "Manager's Special". With everything else...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. It gives us great delight to hear from our valued guests that we have served them well. We appreciate the feedback regarding the hotel room cleanliness, and the comfort our accommodations bring to you during your repeat stays with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff at M-Star as they always enjoy hearing that they are doing a good job. We all appreciate your repeat business and we hope to welcome you again very soon to our hotel. If we can be of assistance to you, please let us know at 501-268-3511.

Warmest Regards,

Auburn, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed there 2 nights, it was better than expected. Room services were excellent, very clean and comfortable room, beds, and very friendly staffs. We got a discount for the second night. Perfect place to stay if you have interview at Harding University…it’s about a mile away. Easy access all the convenient places…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of your stay with us at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy!!
Our staff certainly enjoyed having you here and we hope to see you again!
We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest, and are glad that you were happy with your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the best economy lodging in the Searcy area. We hope to see you again soon!
Thank you again!

Van Buren, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I look at the reveiws on here and everyone said it was a good hotel,but when I drove up and seen it I was scared I had made a mistake by doing that.Well it was nice inside and was clean and well worth the money. The free breakfast was not that great but to me that was not a big deal. Would stay there again if I am in the area again,and if anyone is looking for somewhere to stay a visit Harding it is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the fellow travel community. From the entire staff at M-Star Hotel - Searcy, we appreciate your business and are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience at our establishment. M-Star is actually the oldest lodging in Searcy and we have worked very hard to keep the property in good condition. Thank you for noticing our hard work! Again, we appreciate the time you took to post your feedback. We hope to welcome you again at the M-Star during any future trips to the Searcy area. If we can be of service to you, please let us know at 501-268-3511.

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It has been a very long time since my husband and I found a motel at this rate! We needed to stay in the area for 3 nights over the holidays and were given a special "3-night stay rate" that was incomprehensible! For 3 nights we kept saying to one another, "I can't believe we have this beautiful, clean, and comfortable room for this rate!" The staff was warm and friendly and even made a room visit, after I had called the front desk, to be sure I got my Kindle accessed to the free wi-fi. The breakfast bar was satisfying and the room service was perfect. How often do you come into a place praising everything and then leave it praising it all as well? M-Star Motel in Searcy is absolutely first rate!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with us! We are very proud of the quality of service and competitive price we provide to our guests here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. We appreciate your business and are happy we will be your hotel of choice in Searcy. If we can be of assistance to you, please contact us at 501-268-3511. Thank you again for sharing your review.

Best Wishes,

White House TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I checked other guests comments before booking my room here. Very good reviews. The most common one was clean, which is very high on my list of must haves. This hotel was spotless. It had charm and the room was very classy. This is an older long time family owned motel that the new owners have totally refurbished and cleaned until it shines. The lobby was equally as clean and there is a great complimentary breakfast and wonderful coffee. And the pricing is absolutely spectacular. One of the best bargains I have ever encountered while traveling. The staff called after I had checked in and settled into my room to make sure everything was okay and to find out if I needed anything. Friendly, clean, affordable and very tastefully done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy! We appreciate your kind words about our staff, clean rooms, and our breakfast. My staff and I continually strive to keep our property in clean condition. As the oldest hotel in Searcy, it pleases us to hear that our hard work shows. It is our hope that we will be fortunate enough to be your choice, should you be in the Searcy area in the future.
Again, thank you for your business. We are waiting to welcome you at any time! If we can be of service, please let us know at 501-268-3511.

Warmest Regards,

M-Star Hotel - Searcy

Been to M-Star Hotel Searcy? Share your experiences!