“We were pleasantly suprised!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2203 E Race Ave, Searcy, AR 72143   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wichita
“We were pleasantly suprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were looking for a cheap place to stay in Searcy, and the reviews looked good for M-Star, so we decided to give it a go, even though it was so cheap. We normally stay at Omni's (due to a connection we have for cheap ... $100 rooms), so when we pulled up to the M-Star we were pretty nervous. It's been a long time since we stayed at a "drive-up" motel. Anyway, they blew us away. Everything about the property was extremely clean ... not only the rooms, but the main building, the parking lot, the sidewalks, etc. And, like others have said, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I personally talked to the couple cleaning the rooms for an hour one day, just to express my appreciation for the way they kept up the property. I've never done that before! The rooms were very quiet and dark so sleeping was a dream! We just with we had reasons to go to Searcy more often so we could stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 135 which was on the end of the building and we loved it. I'm sure any room w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback regarding your experiences at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. My staff and I are very happy you chose to give us a chance. We appreciate your kind comments about our establishment and we are glad to know how satisfied you are! We all work hard to ensure each guest has an excellent experience during their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, should you be in the Searcy area. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. If we can be of any help to you in the future, please give us a call at 501-268-3511.

Best Regards,

M-Star Hotel - Searcy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We've stayed here MANY times. It's a very small hotel with a very BIG desire to please. The facilities are clean, the staff is extremely accommodating and the location is excellent. Their price was one of the best in Searcy and they include a continental breakfast every morning. They also accept pets which was a huge bonus for us and we'd recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 109...king bed in a HUGE corner room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
I'd like to start by thanking you for sharing your experiences regarding your many stays with us here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. We appreciate your repeat business and my staff and I always enjoy having your family here with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and fellow travelers. My staff and I use this information to continually strive for customer service excellence. If we can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact us at 501-268-3511.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had been traveling quite a bit this month and was hoping to find a decent clean hotel room for two nights and a reasonable price. After reading all of the recent and current reviews, I thought I had.

When I first walked into the room, it appeared to be all that was mentioned. But when looking closer we found: spiders, roaches, soap scum left on the soap holders in the shower, mold growing in the wall board under the sink, socks were dirty from floors, television had a horrible reception (and yet they worry about them being stolen), cob webs in the ceiling that had been there so long they were starting to fall, refigerator was dirty, beds were hard too.

A few suggestions - get the exterminators back out to do their job correctly, cut the wall board out that has mold growing in it and replace, rip up all carpets and replace with linolium that can be sanitized, clean the showers better, vaccum the cob webs off the ceiling, sanitize the bathroom floor and then this place with meet what the previous travelers comments had said.

Sorry, but just was not happy with this location. Had I had more time to look for another place to stay, I would have done it.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
From the staff at M-Star Hotel - Searcy, we sincerely regret that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in maintaining a nice, clean, excellent value lodging choice in the Searcy area. Please know we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improvement. I have shared your review with my entire staff to ensure the issues you mentioned do not happen again in the future, as they are certainly not typical of our property.
Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us, but also your willingness to give us feedback and help us to continue to provide excellent service. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to make things right with you. A better experience awaits you. If I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at 501-268-3511.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Okay so this was a little out of my comfort zone. Old style motor lodge motel is not my normal place to stay, but based on the previous reviews and the great rate, I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. It was an absolute pleasure staying here. The rooms were remodeled and clean, breakfast was tasty, and the beds were very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends who come to the area frequently. The staff is friendly, the housekeeping crew did a fabulous job, and the management does a fantastic job at the upkeep of this property. I loved talking to them and hearing the history of the motel from it's time back in the 50's. Yes, the 50's!!! There's history here and it's well worth a try. It's a nuts and bolts motel, but it's clean and comfortable, and that's important to me. Thanks for a great 2 night stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double at the back section of the motel. Parked right outside the door which was ver...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
I'd like to start by thanking you for sharing your experiences at M-Star Hotel with us. My staff and I are very happy that you took a step out of your comfort zone and chose to stay with us. We all enjoyed having you here. We appreciate your business and are so glad to know how satisfied you are! My staff and I take pride in our property and we enjoy sharing it's history with our valued guests. We look forward to your next visit. If we can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact us at 501-268-3511.
Thank you again for your time!

Emmaus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a very nice non-chain motel, with large clean rooms and comfortable beds. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. From the entire staff, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! My staff and I remain 100% committed to serving you, our valued guest. We all enjoyed having you here with us and if there is anything we can do to assist you, please let us know. Thank you again for your review!

Regards,

Marion, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Each time we travel to Searcy, Arkansas, we always stay at M-Star. They consistently provide excellent service, clean rooms and NO surprises! You show up, they take good care of you and you leave. What more could you ask for? And the price is RIGHT!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are No Smoking and far from any traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review of our property. We appreciate your repeat business and we enjoy getting to know you and your family during your time with us. My staff and I will always remain committed to serving our valued guests and we hope to see you again soon! If we can be of service, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again.

Regards,

Fisher, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

My mom was due to have surgery very early so we stayed in town so save having to drive so far so early. After searching on line M-Star had the best prices so I called and made reservations. To be truthful I expected a dive but it was just one night so went with the most affordable. Well I was very surprised!!! the staff were all so nice, the room was so clean and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever had at a hotel! Even though this is close to the busiest street in town but our room was very quiet. Thank you M-Star Searcy for a great nights sleep for my mom before her surgery the next morning. Suzi

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy with us, Suzi! We enjoyed having you and your mother here with us during your stay and we are happy that we provided clean and comfortable accommodations for you and your mother before her surgery. One of our #1 goals here at the M-Star Hotel is to always serve our guests. Best Wishes to you and your family. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for your feedback!

M-Star Hotel - Searcy

Been to M-Star Hotel Searcy? Share your experiences!