“Ok for the $” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Ok for the $”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Ok for the money... Front desk wasn't very friendly. Make sure to get room away from elevators and laundry.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charleston, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hotel is attractive inside and out. Everything in the room was clean and in perfect working order. Hotel is very convenient to Hwy 67. The manager appeared to be understaffed and overworked. We booked through Priceline, which means you get what you get when you get there, but without even giving us an option our family was booked into a room with only one bed, even though it appeared there were many empty rooms in the hotel. It was a disabled room to boot with only a handheld shower. There was no bathroom counter, which left us having to just kind of pile our toiletries as best we could around the sink edges and along the tub. Breakfast was more than we expected and really good. If I was going through Searcy for one night again and Priceline put us here I would be okay with it, but if I was picking a hotel in this town I would give something else a shot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tuckerman, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was traveling through Searcy and needed a place to crash from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Called the day before and Michelle was gracious enough to book me for that day --- even though I checked in well before regular check-in time. When I arrived the young man at the desk went upstairs and talked to the maid to have her clean my room immediately. After a 10-15 minute rate they had it ready for me!
It was a beautiful small room. Immaculately clean and the bedding was the best! Would 100 percent stay here again. Can't say enough about what a pleasant experience it was.
Thanks, Microtel staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Troy MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Microtel in Searcy several times in the past. I have found the hotel to be relatively new and in excellent condition. The front desk personnel always seems pleasant and willing to help. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Being a light sleeper, I always ask for a room in a quiet area. The staff is always willing to do their best. The only minor complaint I have is the room doors sometimes sound like a shotgun going off in the middle of the night when guests arrive or leave. Folks aren't slamming them. It's the way they are designed. Yeah, the breakfast is token at best, but the many other benefits outweigh the sterotypical budget hotel breakfast. You bet, I'll stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My son and several of his friends stayed at this hotel while participating in a high school debate tournament. My son assures me that this hotel was a fine place to stay. My son left his jacket with his wallet, driver's license, credit card, and money in a pocket at this hotel when he checked out. When he discovered the problem, we contacted the hotel and they had all of his possessions boxed up. NOTHING was missing. Simply for the honesty of these people I would stay in the Searcy Microtel if I ever visit the town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I had a 2 day stay over the last weekend. My husband is blind and we traveled with his guide dog. Upon checking in I let the front desk know we had a service animal with us and clarified that he was not a pet. I was scolded and told I should have informed them we were bringing a pet. They have pet rooms and would have put us in one of them. I again explained he was a service animal. I told them that pet restrictions do not apply to service animals and guide dogs. We often get the opportunity to discuss/ teach about service animals and the differences. The older woman shared that she would let it go this time but next time we would be charged a pet fee. She had not heard a word I had said. I tried again to clarify and she turned away. We had no further issues until morning. The orange juice came out slightly brown and before drinking it, I smelled it and took a small sip. Another guest saw me and said "you're right, it's not ok. Wait until you tasted the coffee." Coffee was nasty, coffee in the room was no better. This was a busy Saturday and the guy working the front desk was apparently also responsible for keeping the breakfast area stocked. There was nearly nothing out for guests. I waited for milk, I waited for waffle batter, waited for coffee. Bagels were wet. Scrambled eggs were served out of a bag. Sunday was no better Enough complaining...The stay was cheap and we got what we paid for. We will stay somewhere else next time we go for a ball game.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was not a good stay to be perfectly honest. My family and I had reserved 2 rooms, one for my daughters and one for my wife and I. When we arrived we were at first impressed with the overall look and cleanliness of the hotel. The young man that checked us in had also been the one to take the reservation. He was very friendly and courteous. We checked in and unloaded the car. We got up the next day to go do our planned activities. We returned to our rooms to find them just as we had left them. Neither had been cleaned. I immediately called the front desk. The young lady at the desk apologized and said she would leave a message for the manager. She gave us some clean towels and a trash bag so we could empty our trash cans form the mornings breakfast plates and cups. Next day when we started to check out the manager said she had "talked to the cleaning staff" and that "they talked to someone in each room that told them we didn't need them cleaned" I explained that it was only my wife and I in our room and that we had not told anyone any such thing. She said that they had started a new policy of having guest sign something when they didn't want a room cleaned. That was about it. No offer of a discount, no free stay, not even a free cup of coffee. NOTHING! Basically the cleaning staff is either lazy, incompitent or just flat out don't care. Also they apparently lie when asked about mistakes. I hate to bring any ill towards any company that is trying to make a living in this economy but I would NOT suggest this hotel for your stay in Searcy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy? Share your experiences!