“Very nice and friendly place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Isidro
Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging
You added Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging to your Saves list
Pacifico Siargao Island | Surigao Del Norte, San Isidro, Mindanao, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 2 San Isidro B&B and Inns
Seoul, South Korea
“Very nice and friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've been several times in Siargao, which is one of my favorite place in the Philippines, but I always stayed around General Luna. This time I decided to stay visit the northern part of the island. Bamboo Garden is really a lovely place. Tom and and Liz were very friendly and helpfull. Cold beer, great food, especially the kilinaw that Liz cooked with the fish we bought in the market and Tom's rast pork and potatoes, just delicious. Definitly a place to visit, the beaches here are much more beautiful than in the south part of Siargao, not much tourists, perfect to relax!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in April and had a great time. It was by far the best week of our holiday and that's down to the great peaceful location, lovely bungalow and Liz and Tom.

Liz and Tom were really accommodating, organised trips for us and showed us where to visit while we were on the island.

I would recommend hiring out a bike - it was a great way to see the island and the sights. It took us about an hour and a half to drive to GL which is definitely worth a visit but we were pleased to get back to the relaxing surroundings at Bamboo Garden after our night down there!

Our bungalow was a really good size, very cute and it was very clean! Liz's food was AMAZING too - I definitely put on some weight during that last week!

Bamboo Garden is well priced and a lovely place to stay. I would certainly stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a busy 12 mnths of work i was looking for somewhere to chill out and somewhere where i had surf on my doorstep. I chose Pacifico, Siargao in the philippines as it still relatively untouched by tourism and faces the Pacific Ocean. Bamboo Garden is not in the main surfing strip of Cloud 9 (well known surf break) but further up the coast at Pacifico. Hosts, tom and liz picked me up from the airport and then took care of everything. Their cottages are simple, budget priced and the surf is a step away from your room.

I struck gold when i found Bamboo Garden, the other guests were fantastic, Tom has incredibly cold beer..yeah!, and Liz is a wonderful cook. Tom also does a full English style roast each Sunday.
I spent nearly 2 wks at bamboo garden and i didnt want to leave. I simply cannot thank Tom and Liz enough for their hospitality. i was made to feel like one of the family.

I have spent 25 years travelking in the Philippines and this area is perhaps one of the last untouched Beautiful areas. The simplicity of Tom and Liz's place made my stay an abso
Ute joy. I can't wait to return . Why pay for relaxation cds when you can be lulled to sleep by the crashing waves at Bamboo Garden

Room Tip: Ask for the" love shack" for a true Pacific Ocean experience. Closest cottge to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
bamboogardenpacifico, Owner at Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We would like to thank all of our guests for their kind words and support and look forward to seeing you again here at Bamboo Garden in the future !
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

have just spent a relaxing week with my husband at bamboo gardens.Tom and Liz made us feel so welcomed, a really lovely couple. Liz makes the best pizzas and we had the tradional Sunday roast, was really good. The location is right on the beach and the banana lounges under the shaded platform overlooking the beach was a great place to laze about and to enjoy the lovely sea breeze. We also had fresh fish cooked on the open fire beach barbeque. I would highly recommend this place and I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I Love this place. It is so relaxed, laid back, good vibes and friendly people. It kind of feels like you are staying with some friends you met on your travels and not in a inn. If I ever return to Philippines I'll definitely come back to Bamboo :)!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a dramatic entrance in bamboo garden, and for sure Liz and the company will never forget that, the people were so friendly, that these policemen give me and my boyfriend a free ride from the airport going to the resort:) how cool is that?! We were escorted with policemen! Liz is very helpful, as well as ate lyn and Eugene. Tom throw us movie and karaoke nights, and billiard tournament, jack is also wonderful, we can't say no if he ask"another beer?", and forgot to say, first-time I saw my boyfriend singing in karaoke with his groovy moves:) we had so much fun, we met cool people, the love shack was amazing, with the mosquito net, I love it! Even if I had no chance of surfing, coz I got a burn on my leg from the motorbike, who says the fun stops there?! It's only the beginning... we will be back for sure! Hats off:)
Ps
They made wonderful birthday party to one of their guests, sweet

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Barwon Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Yes, we returned and were rewarded big time. The best time every. Cold beer and great company.The Sunday roasts are a treat for all. Tom and Lizzy have created a natural environment where all can relax and enjoy their break. Cheers see you next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging? Share your experiences!