“I'd Rather Sleep In My Car” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter Savings-Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Tyler, Texas
“I'd Rather Sleep In My Car”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a very disappointing and sad review to write. We were in the area as guests for an event. Unfortunately the same week there was an accident at the local nuclear power plant and an oil disaster in a neighborhood up the road. This hotel had the only rooms available in a 25 mile radius because of all the federal, state and local investigators that were there to investigate these two disasters. In addition, there was a large high school band competition going on so there were literally no rooms anywhere else.

When we arrived, we had a very nice person greet us at the desk. They tried to keep our group (which needed three rooms) as close together as possible but the one single gal ended up being a little distance away. Not usually a problem, except the hotel was so run down, it didn't feel safe. And as expected, at an odd hour in the morning someone knocked on her door which scared her.

Turns out this hotel has recently changed ownership. If I were a new owner, I'd bulldoze this property down and start over. It's well over 50 years old. The concrete stairs to the second floor of our complex were eroding. I really cannot figure out why the health department has shut the place down.

The refrigerator in our friend's room had cockroaches in it. The enamel in our tub was eroded and black by the drain and there was some dried reddish sort of goo smeared on the heating/cooling unit.

The maid service came by early in the morning and we were not yet on our way to the event we were attending. She handed us some creamer and sugar for the coffee machine and left. She never came back. When we arrived late for our second night, all of us hesitated about going up to our rooms. We joked that the car would be a better place to sleep which led to our single guest expressing he dread of staying a second night. So we decided to pack our things and drive to Little Rock. We figured a shorter but safer and cleaner night sleep was worth more than an entire night lost tossing and turning in a dirty, run down and unsafe hotel.

When we got up to our rooms to pack our bags, the beds were not made and nothing had been cleaned.

Would I come back? To the beautiful city of Russellville, yes, to this hotel? It won't make it long enough for a return visit.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Deerfield Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I arrived late and the owner was a nice gentleman. The room was nothing to get to excited about, but it looked clean enough. The next morning the owner talked with me and gave me directions to where I was going. The free breakfast was just donuts so don't expect much.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

I just recently stayed at Americas Best Value Inn & Suite it was disgusting. The heater vents were blowing out nasty hairball like dusts. To top it off I woke up to a nasty decaying smell and it turns out there was a mouse dead in a mouse trap next to the bed I was sleeping in. When I complained to the manager he was rude and did not accomadate my stay. Imagine sleeping to a decaying rodent!? I do not recommend this place to anybody. Thinking about it still send goosebumps through my body.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

I liked this hotel 5 years ago, but now it is run down. My wife had an allergic reaction to the large amount of dust in the room. The air conditioning was also blowing out dust. The manager was kind enough to move us to another room, but believe or not, the room he moved us to also had the same problem. I had read bad reviews about this place all over the internet, but I thought they were just one time unsatisfied customer, but I believe those reviews now. I don't reccomend anyone to stay at this place, especially if you have children.

• Liked — Free Coffee
  • Disliked — Dusty Rooms, Not Clean, Allergic Reaction
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

The problem we had at America's Best Value Inn is that we ran into too many criminal types. Oour neighbor to the left of us seemed to be a drug dealer and the neighbor to the right of us appeared to be a "working girl." I would reccomend anyone with family to stay here. however, if you're single and don't care about the quality of where you stay, then this is the place for you since the prices are low. My wife woke up in the morning finding a roach on her pillow case. That was when I decided that we move away from the interstate hotels and move more inside of Russellville where the motels are nicers. We came to Russellville to visit a family member in hospital. We ended up moving from America's Best Value Inn and moved to a hotel close to the hospital.

• Liked — low cost, easy to find
  • Disliked — lack of hygeine, shady people in parking lot, prostitution problem
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2005

America's best value inn and suites is a great place to stay in russellville. great clean large rooms and the staff is excellent. I recomment this place to everyone.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

I stayed at the Days Inn in Russellville when electricity went out at my house and it was excellent. Clean rooms, excellent staff and great service. Definately recommend everyone to stay at Days Inn when you're in russellville.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Russellville? Share your experiences!