“Bugged ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Russellville

You added Motel 6 Russellville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Russellville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   215 West Birch Street, I-40 at Exit 81, Russellville, AR 72802   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Wylie, Texas, United States
“Bugged ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The room was okay until I bumped the tv which caused some cockroaches to spill out on the dresser. Notified the front desk about the problem. I didn't care for the uncarpeted floors which needed to be mopped.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Russellville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear William,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The poor housekeeping conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Quite a deal $39/nt for single and $42 double occupancy. It's not far from I-40, nearby restaurants, etc. it is a motel 6 so there won't be many amenities, but it was clean, safe, and quiet. They allow pets and give out free coffee if any of that appeals to you. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Umm, I can't really say that you get what you pay for because we're travel from las Vegas and you are able to get a very decent room for 50.00. We only needed to shower and nap! Lmfao ... and back on the hwy...my kids and i wiped everything and sprayed the base boards for bugs...just in case_ And we sprayed everything with lysol Damn near choked us all butt no cigarette smell.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Russellville, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Confuzion52 - We apologize for the cleanliness issues you found in your room. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Mostly normal for a Motel 6.

This location is very close to the highway and I was worried about the noise, but it didn't bother us at all once we were inside our room. I felt safe here and didn't worry about my car at all. The AC/Heater worked great and there was even a mini-fridge in the room. There was no charge for the Internet and it was a very strong connection, which is important to me. There was a pool, but it was closed for the season.

Unfortunately, the shower stall was without a bathtub, which is a minor letdown but the toilet would not flush all the way and that was a bigger problem. There were 2 fruit flies in the room and I also smushed a spider on the wall. The bed was rock hard and super uncomfortable to sleep on. =(

The vinyl floors are terribly dirty and getting rid of the carpet was a bad idea. Hair has collected all over the floor, and the maid must have kept the blankets on the floor while making the bed because there were DOZENS of long, dark hairs all over the blankets and one on the sheets. There was also hair on the towels and in the shower. If the maid does not notice she is leaving DOZENS of hairs all over the room, then she needs to consider wearing a hair net to work. No exaggeration, there were about 60 hairs on the bed!!

This particular night, there was a group of kids partying loudly. A call to the front desk brought an employee right away to confront them. It was difficult to tell what room the party was coming from (noise came through our ventilation system) but he made a good effort and I felt my concern was taken very seriously.

Not sure why people are surprised the sheets are thin and the towels suck. Its an 'economy' chain so cheap but clean is what you get for the lower prices. If you want sheets with a high thread count, there is a Hampton Inn nearby, but over 3 times the price of staying here. I stay at Motel 6 a lot, all over the country and this review is based upon comparison to other motels.

Aside from the hair situation and the kids partying, it was functional for cheap and all of the staff I encountered were very helpful and friendly. (If I had met the hairy maid, I would say otherwise)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was traveling from Kansas to Georgia and needed a place about midnight. Stopped here and was pleasantly surprised. The man at the night desk was very accomadating allowing me the handicap room when requested. Helped us with the perfect place to park are pickup with trailer. The room was updated and clean and the bed was very comfortable. For this price range this motel was a sure winner. I will look for this motel as a recurring stop on my monthly run to KS and back. Great location with eateries nearby and the rate was fantastic. Even the morning coffee was really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I always stay at this Motel 6 when I travel through Arkansas. It is near the interstate and there are restaurants and gas stations near by so you do not have to venture too far into town. The rates are fantastic. The rooms are always clean. The WiFi is free. There are refrigerators in the room and a microwave near the vending and ice machines. There is also a place to do laundry on the property. No breakfast in the morning but free coffee is good enough for me! The staff is friendly. Security cameras monitor the property as well for an extra safety precaution. :) I always enjoy my stays!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

this is a refreshed motel 6 so the room was recently painted, clean and very nice. it had a fridge and expanded cable tv- about 50 channels. the double bed was fine but sheets and towels were thin. mattress was thin and uncomfortable.
ask for a room on the office side, otherwise the noise from the interstate is unbearable.
desk personnel were always nice. the grounds were quiet- no unsavory people hanging around.
other than the traffic noise, this was a perfectly nice and very cheap place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo