“could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Brookfield Inn to your Saves list
Brookfield Inn
Brookfield Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2407 N. Arkansas, junction of Scenic Highway 7 and Interstate 40, Russellville, AR 72801-0460 (Formerly Holiday Inn Russellville)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 hotels in Russellville
Arlington, Texas
“could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you don't care about clean, you wont have a problem. Carpets were so dirty I could have walked outside in the parking lot all night and not been walking on as so much black filth as 15 minutes on the floor of my room.Bed was so lumpy and uncomfortable, and pillows there isn't much to them. However there is a fridge and microwave in the room. As that being the only thing I have found positive about my stay here. My neck and back hurt so bad after my uncomfortable night of sleeping on this bed of lumps. Bathroom wasn't very clean either. I have no idea about there breakfast or if they even had one. After such a bad night on bad mattress just wanted out there.

Room Tip: ask if you cans see your room first. LOL.
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Crap because.... No HBO... no roomservice... or at least they dont answer. I finallt just went down to the restaraunt. housekeeping wakes you up before checkout. makes lots of noise in adjoining rooms. front desk is rude. After being told room had HBO found out from another staff member that HBO never works here. At the restaraunt overheard the host tell the bartender how gross gay guys are... I was with my brother... Then sat thru my meal with them looking at whispering... lol sadly this could be much better simply with some training and quality employees. bed and pillows were comfortable. Room was clean. if you dont mind bad service and pierced front desk then its not bad

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are unclean. Air/heat units do not work. Walls and mirrors are dirty. Bathtub had holes and was covered with a piece of something that was allowing water underneath it. Very unsanitary. Do not waste your time or money here.

• Stayed October 2012
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The bed was the best ever in any hotel we've ever stayed in!!!!! The staff were all so nice and courteous.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
East Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed for 5 nights due having to take care of business matters. I've also traveled extensively throughout the world and have stayed in dives and 5-Star places. From a rating perspective, this Holiday Inn is about a 2.85 based upon all the places I've stayed. Check-in was easy and simple. I was never concerned for my safety as a lone female traveler. The hotel was always busy and from what I could tell, fully booked.
The room - King-bed non-smoking room. Clean, but I could tell a little run-down, but the hotel has been there about 35 years. Pillows are a subjective topic, I needed firmer ones and finally received them the 2nd day. Wifi was weak, but absolultey fine until I tried (unsuccessfully) to send a huge file. I broke the file out and it went fine. Hot water was always available. The first day, I did not get maid service, I mentioned something and it was fine the rest of my stay. The staff, for the most part, are extremely helpful and friendly.
Gym - 4 cardio machines and yes, it's small but when you're traveling, it is fine. I was always in there alone.
Food - The food was fine at on-site restaurant. The salads and food were fresh and the servings were appropriate. The bar is a plus as it is a dry county, so it was nice to have a drink in the evenings. Service was also fine and only encountered a couple of rude type remarks.

Other - I saw one bug in my room there entire time, not a roach, but it has been a wet summer there so bugs are a normal part of life in Ark. I finally figured out how to control the room temprature as it was a deep freeze.

There are 2 entrances (front of I-40) and around the corner on Lake Drive. Be patient as you can get in and out eventually. It would be nice if there was a complimentary breakfast and national newspapers provided. It wasn't the worst of places I've stayed and not the best of places. From a Holiday Inn perspective, it is the oldest I've ever stayed in and last on my list and not worth the price. Would I stay again, with newer hotels around? Yes, and here's why: I have everything right there from Wifi, gym, and restaurant so I don't have to spend the time going elsewhere's. It's a decent place, but could be so much better.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis,Mn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This motel is dated, there are newer motels in the area, the only thing that this place has is an on site restraurant and lounge. This being a dry county may be seen as a plus to some travelers. You do not feel safe in the place, as the room open to the out doors. The pool is outdoor and needs to be updated. There is no free breakfast, they want you to spend your money in the restraurant which opens at 6:30. There is a alot of traffic to put up with when you wish to leave the property.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I am writing this review from the hotel room now and there is a roach crawling on my laptop at the moment.

The rooms are ok, besides the bug, they seem to be clean and the beds are comfortable. The tv is very small and old. The bathroom was pretty dirty. The showers had mildew but the shower pressure was good.

The ice machine in our building was broken so we had to find another one, but there were no signs directing us where to go. There were many people with boats here and they were all complaining that the outlet plugs did not work on the outside of the building so they could not charge their battery.
The outside is dirty looking and you can tell that they have not put any money into the hotel in years.
The staff seemed to be pretty friendly except for the waitress inside the restaurant. I am not sure if she was unfriendly or just busy. The food was also not that great, I had chicken florintine, and it was pretty bland.
The stairs to the pool are either broken or starting to break, so please be careful especially with children.

The doors open to the outside which can always be a safety issue.
They do accept pets and they have a dog walking area but it is close to a busy street so you have to be sure to keep a close eye on your pet.

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Brookfield Inn? Share your experiences!