“We had a wonderful stay at Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

Clarion Inn & Suites
You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   2407 N Arkansas Ave, Off Interstate 40; near Lake Dardanelle State Park, Russellville, AR 72802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Louisiana
“We had a wonderful stay at Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The bed was the best ever in any hotel we've ever stayed in!!!!! The staff were all so nice and courteous.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed for 5 nights due having to take care of business matters. I've also traveled extensively throughout the world and have stayed in dives and 5-Star places. From a rating perspective, this Holiday Inn is about a 2.85 based upon all the places I've stayed. Check-in was easy and simple. I was never concerned for my safety as a lone female traveler. The hotel was always busy and from what I could tell, fully booked.
The room - King-bed non-smoking room. Clean, but I could tell a little run-down, but the hotel has been there about 35 years. Pillows are a subjective topic, I needed firmer ones and finally received them the 2nd day. Wifi was weak, but absolultey fine until I tried (unsuccessfully) to send a huge file. I broke the file out and it went fine. Hot water was always available. The first day, I did not get maid service, I mentioned something and it was fine the rest of my stay. The staff, for the most part, are extremely helpful and friendly.
Gym - 4 cardio machines and yes, it's small but when you're traveling, it is fine. I was always in there alone.
Food - The food was fine at on-site restaurant. The salads and food were fresh and the servings were appropriate. The bar is a plus as it is a dry county, so it was nice to have a drink in the evenings. Service was also fine and only encountered a couple of rude type remarks.

Other - I saw one bug in my room there entire time, not a roach, but it has been a wet summer there so bugs are a normal part of life in Ark. I finally figured out how to control the room temprature as it was a deep freeze.

There are 2 entrances (front of I-40) and around the corner on Lake Drive. Be patient as you can get in and out eventually. It would be nice if there was a complimentary breakfast and national newspapers provided. It wasn't the worst of places I've stayed and not the best of places. From a Holiday Inn perspective, it is the oldest I've ever stayed in and last on my list and not worth the price. Would I stay again, with newer hotels around? Yes, and here's why: I have everything right there from Wifi, gym, and restaurant so I don't have to spend the time going elsewhere's. It's a decent place, but could be so much better.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis,Mn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

This motel is dated, there are newer motels in the area, the only thing that this place has is an on site restraurant and lounge. This being a dry county may be seen as a plus to some travelers. You do not feel safe in the place, as the room open to the out doors. The pool is outdoor and needs to be updated. There is no free breakfast, they want you to spend your money in the restraurant which opens at 6:30. There is a alot of traffic to put up with when you wish to leave the property.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I am writing this review from the hotel room now and there is a roach crawling on my laptop at the moment.

The rooms are ok, besides the bug, they seem to be clean and the beds are comfortable. The tv is very small and old. The bathroom was pretty dirty. The showers had mildew but the shower pressure was good.

The ice machine in our building was broken so we had to find another one, but there were no signs directing us where to go. There were many people with boats here and they were all complaining that the outlet plugs did not work on the outside of the building so they could not charge their battery.
The outside is dirty looking and you can tell that they have not put any money into the hotel in years.
The staff seemed to be pretty friendly except for the waitress inside the restaurant. I am not sure if she was unfriendly or just busy. The food was also not that great, I had chicken florintine, and it was pretty bland.
The stairs to the pool are either broken or starting to break, so please be careful especially with children.

The doors open to the outside which can always be a safety issue.
They do accept pets and they have a dog walking area but it is close to a busy street so you have to be sure to keep a close eye on your pet.

• Stayed August 2009
Decatur, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

This hotel appears to be a run down motel that they are trying hard to update. They have done a good job with the rooms, but the exterior is still sadly in need of help. The price was reasonable, the shower pressure was terrific (unfortunately, the water does not drain fast enough, so you stand ankle-deep in water), the front desk folks were attentive, the sink faucet comes out far enough so that you aren't banging your knuckles against the back of the sink, and there is plenty of grass for dogs to do their business. The drawbacks are the thermostat does not function (the air conditioning worked, but there was no controlling the temperature - it's either on or off), my room key/card repeatedly stopped working, and the local "townies" in their pick up trucks setting off fireworks late into the evening. I got the feeling that some rooms are continually occupied, leading the locals to feel like the property is their backyard. Also, it was neat to have room service available, although I did not partake.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
kansas city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

Walked into the room and noticed the bed was leaning at about a 30 degree angle. The funny thing was housekeeping had made it and I guess expected no one to notice.The frame was broken and maintenance had to come and fix. Woke up in the morning and there was no hot water. Front desk said there was a problem and they were working on it. The entire hotel was out of hot water. Decided to have breakfast in the restaurant. Asked for the menu and was told that the buffett was the only thing available because there were so many people in the hotel. The buffett was terrible. A spoonful of potatoes, a spoonful of plain eggs whipped up in milk and baked that they called quiche, some limp cold pieces of french toast with cold syrup, and 60,000 sausages. If you like sausage, this is the buffett for you. No juice, no milk, no fruit, no pastry but hey, the coffee wasnt half bad. Manager and i had a talk about the price of the room and she agreed with me to what I should be charged

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Fla.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

As a solo female traveler, safety is my top priority. I did not feel that this hotel met my needs in that regard, and I do not wish to return!

Upon my arrival (late at night) I was apprehensive about even checking in when I realized that this was a "motel" rather than a hotel (the doors to the rooms face the outside, rather than in an inside hallway). It was late and I was tired, and so I decided to check in anyway.

The front desk staff was extremely pleasant, and I did feel more comfortable. However, I was assigned to a room which was not even in the same building as the front desk -- in fact, I think it was as far from the front desk as you could get! I was checking in rather late, and did not feel safe being so far away. To make matters worse - I was assigned to a second floor room and there are no elevators! Late at night, wearing a skirt and heels - trying to drag my suitcases up an outdoor stairway in the dark was not the experience I was looking for.

Inside my room, I was glad that my door had multiple locks. However, the door is right next to a window - meaning that if someone wanted access to my room they would just need to break the window. Normally when you are on the second floor of a hotel, the general public does not have access to your window.

I don't have anything bad to say about the city of Russellville, and my fears were not based on feeling like I was in a "bad part of town" or anything like that. I just would have felt more comfortable in a room with an inside hallway, in the same building as the front desk, and with elevator access to my room.

• Liked — Complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — Did not feel safe, no elevators
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!