“Not many options in Russellville, but this one of the best” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Russellville
Lakeland, Florida
“Not many options in Russellville, but this one of the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn overnight recently while visiting accounts with my boss. Russellville doesn't have too many options, and I don't think that I would have stayed here for more than 2 nights, but for a one-night business trip, it was just fine. I will say that my room did smell a lot like someone had smoked in it previously, but it wasn't bad enough for me to request a different room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Rooms were very much on the small side. First night stayed in room with two double beds and I thought the room was really small. Next night stayed in room with one King bed with no sofa or sitting area at all. Only one small club chair and the room was full. I had forgotten how small a double bed was.....definitely not queen-sized! I guess when you're in the business of renting out rooms, maximum $ is made when rooms are smallest....wonder when they will lower the ceiling heights to 6' so you can fit just one more floor in the same footprint of the building. Better keep quiet on that one, that's probably next on the list to implement! On the positive note, rooms were very clean and modern and staff was very accommodating. I thought it was a little on the pricey side for the space allotted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here few times and have found that the quality of service has gone down. Front desk staff is rude and dishonest. I have compliant to the managers as well but no improvement or apologies. Their non smoking rooms smell like tobacco. The air conditioner noise is so loud that I could not sleep. I will never stay here again and would recommend not give your bussiness to dishonest people.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very rude and unwelcoming. Did not smile. Dishonest about room rates and charged us twice. Would not send me receipts. Tried to charge us for smoking when the entire hallway reeked of cigarettes upon checkin. Our bed by the window smelled like ash. GM admitted she was new in position and was rude abd unhelpful. Front desk staff was incompetent and dishonest. Housekeeper told us to say our rooms were dirty so they would comp our stay. Very strange and inhospitable experience. Should rebrand soon before marriott's name is ruined.

• Stayed June 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just spent two nights at the Fairfield Inn in Russellvillewhile visiting with family and friends. This was my first time at this property, and I wanted to stay there to review it. I've stayed at the LaQuinta there, but since I'm a Platinum member with Marriott, I used my points to stay this time. The first impression at check in was very good. The two young ladies working the desk were wonderful, One made a great impression, Courtney, and went out of her way to ensure we were completely happy. The other young lady was wonderful as well, but I didn't get her name. They upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite, and the room was spacious, with a very comfortable king bed, two flat screen TVs, a large bathroom with a walk in shower and jacuzzi tub. In addition, there was a small refrigerator and microwave which were very convenient. We didn't sample the breakfast only because we slept in both mornings. The location is great and close to several restaurants to include Ruby Tuesday's, Cracker Barrell, IHOP, and others. If you are there for Lake Dardanelle, or Arkansas Tech, this is the place to stay. Right off I-40 and Hwy 7 it is the perfect location for seeing the sights, and Russellville is a wonderful city. I'll be returning in May, and have already made reservations for my next visit. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 was the maid. She failed to replenish our towels and kleenex, and didn't do much more than make the bed. I reported it to Courtney, and she took care of the problem. The result, was no tip for the maid the next day. Would I recommend this hotel, you bet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spent two weeks here in Feb '13. I spend half the year in Marriotts across the US, and am usually very pleased. However, this Fairfield is one of the worst Marriott properties I've seen.

First, at check in I was told there wasn't an upgrade for the duration of my stay. No big deal: I understand that such things are situational. But then they give me one of the smallest rooms in the hotel, perhaps the smallest. I immediately searched Marriott.com for a suite at the same hotel and was able to book one for the duration of my stay. I went to the front desk and told them I was displeased with the room, and gave them the reservation number for the suite, which they booked me into. Of course, there was no explanation provided for the initial 'we have no suite available' statement.

The suite was suitable, but had a leak that popped up during some bad weather. Based on the appearance of the ceiling the leak was old. Didn't bother me, but it did illustrate the state of part of the hotel. The front desk called that night and offered to move me to another room. I declined.

The internet is terrible. They actually have two wireless services, and both are sporadic and relatively slow. The TV channel selection is decent (they have TCM, a rare thing) but the picture quality is poor (non-digital I presume).

Maid service was just bad. rare vacuuming, even rarer table-wiping, sloppy bed making, and no attempt to tidy up. A co-worker came back one afternoon to find the door left open via the swing-latch. Unbelievable.

As in almost all Marriotts I've been in, the front desk employees were courteous and friendly. The problems in this hotel stems from mismanagement and infrastructure neglect, which seems to be the most common cause of sub-standard Marriotts (The Goshen, Indiana Courtyard and the Marrietta, Alabama Courtyard are both perfect examples of this: Front desk employees were great but could not overcome incompetent management and property neglect)

The exception would be the maid service, it just seemed bad. But even that comes down to management in the end: management should periodically inspect rooms to confirm that standards are maintained and remind employees of their obligation.

Of course, the Fairfield is the only Marriott property in Russellville, so Marriott point junkies like me just suck it up.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces south: a room in front will be flooded by the huge lights shining on the hote...