“Poor” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Horrendous! We ordered a take away which we picked up, inside the restaurant was practically empty apart from a couple who looked like they were not enjoying it. The food was terrible like another review we too ended up with a bright red coconut concoction that went in the bin along with the so called chicken tikka. To be fair though the garlic curry was very nice and we could not understand why the quality of the food was so hit and miss and miss is what we will be doing when we return next year.

• Visited April 2013

london
“SUPERB DELIVERY CURRY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

What does one want from a delivery curry. One wants it to be piping hot, tasting as a good as a restaurant meal and a correct order. Well readers I got all three tonight from the Star. By the way it was also delivered on time on a Friday night. So if you live nearby or are holidaying in the area you will not be disappointed. I have also eaten here and the whole experience was very good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having had a few takeaways and eaten in a couple of times, last night I decided to take family and friends out for a more balanced view. With 10 people sat down, lots of advice was given out by Peter the owner on what dishes would compliment everyones tastes. (And he didn't get a single one wrong). The food was quickly prepared and served and you could tell was delicious as everyone went quiet as they tucked in. After the meal, Peter came over for a chat, as he's very approachable if you have a query or after some advice. As it's a small restuarant, the service you get is second to none, as there is always someone on hand. Then it was time for the bill. We paid £15 each which was food, drinks and a half decent tip. Well worth the money and everyone will definatly be visiting again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rushden, United Kingdom
“Complain before you eat !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First opinions of the restaurant were good and we were welcomed by a couple.We were the only two people in the restaurant and were soon to find out why. The dell boy esk guy seemed over friendly in as much as sometimes one just wants to sit quietly with ones partner and enjoy the food. Unfortunately this guy had verbal diarrhea giving us his life story. he explained also that he had one indian chef who was top notch and two Bangladeshi juniors he was training. He finally allowed us to eat our starter but then made a very loud mobile telephone call to a buider explaining that he had been a builder for 38 years and new what he was talking about, strange we thought he was a restaraunteur?

For the main course I chose King Prawns cooked in a tandoori sauce with cream and other trimmings.
My partner chose A piece of tandoori chicken cooked with minced lamb served with vegetables and the special house rice.

These two dishes are Chefs Specialities priced at £11.95 and £10.75 respectively so should be of a very good standard.

The dishes duly arrived and i was a bit suprised to see my dish was bright red. My partners looked the same.

This is where we made our mistake. We plated the food and got stuck in. Our host had now found new victims to bore with his life story and disappeared for some time.

My partner looked at me and we simultaneously said " tikka masala" as that was exactly what the sauce was. It wasnt even a very good tikka masala. We got about half way through the meal and gave up. The sauce was extremely rich and sickly and we decided to abort. Our host returned and asked us the problem. I explained that the dishes were not as the menu and were if fact tikka masala dishes. He confessed that the sauce was similar to a masala but insisted it was a speciality dish. I queried why both sauces were exactly the same and where were the vegetables and minced lamb the menu spoke about. I suggested that he had simply poured tikka masal sauce over the prawns and chicked and he didnt refute that suggestion.

By now his attitude was beginning to get to me. He had no interest in our complaint at all. I suggested the chef came to see us so we could ask him what he thought he had served but this fell on deaf ears. We left our food and asked for the bill. He charged full price and when it was suggested that maybe he should adjust his bill as we hadnt been able to eat most of it his answer was that we should have queried it at the beginning and not started our meal. I had to confess i wished we had done so too. With the bill not to compromised I paid because i didnt want this to be about money. We eat a lot of indian food and know the difference between whats good and whats not. We decideded to sample the local pubs fine ale and retold our story. The locals seemed to find this very amusing saying that they hear this story regularly. The bad reputation didnt stop in Wroxham either the local pubs in Horning where we were staying also knew not to eat there

I would suggest that if a quality Indian restaurant were to open in Wroxham then The Stars days would be numbered. Its basic cooking at top prices.

Over to you Roys of Wroxham ?

• Visited December 2012
“Shocking in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We arrived and was greeted by one miserable man, I asked if he could do me an half portion for my 9 year old little girl who eats very little, to be told point blank no, with no explanation as to why, we esch in Indian restaurants all around the country and this is this first time we have ever been tret in this way, the food was packet/ bar curry not freshly prepped, we were put right at the side of the toilets and it smelt, NEVER AGAIN, I would rather starve than eat there.