“Very accommodating staff and facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Rogers
Kimberling City, Missouri
“Very accommodating staff and facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We held a graduation reception at this hotel (Grand Prairie Room) and found the staff to be most accommodating. The prices for both the meeting room and hotel rooms were very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to any that travel in the NW Arkansas corridor.

Room Tip: If entertaining quests, the two room suites are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is not a regular hotel. Alot of the time the desk clerk is not at the front desk. They do not provide daily room service (only after 5 days). They do allow dogs. Down the hall from us, they left a puppy alone for hours. He whined and yelped the entire time. Then they "exercised" him in the hallway. They do provide smoking areas. They are located just outside every door. So don't go outside for fresh air. Each room has a kitchen. This means the hallways smell like whatever is being cooked. I think someone was cooking kimchi. Yum Yum! So, if you're a lazy dog owning, smoker, who loves kimchi, this is the place for you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Rogers/Bentonville, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear JRnGG,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I'm sorry your stay was negatively impacted by the habits and behavior of other guests. We are always working to be the best we can be, and feedback like yours will help us to accomplish this. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Getting checked in was the worst experience of the weekend I stayed. After about ten minutes of standing there, I began wondering if the women behind the counter even bothered to notice that I was right there in front of them; or who was in line first or who to wait on next. I stood at the counter in front of me, (nothing between me and the desk clerk except the counter. How could they not see me?) I was next; that seemed very obvious to me... BUT... two people, from out of nowhere, walked up to the check-in window, were able to get acknowledged, served and checked in before me... I was thinking, "Am I invisible or something?" I was polite and didn't say anything. Looking back, I wish I had spoken up and said, "I'm next!"... Then, if that wasn't bad enough, some woman walked up between me and another customer who was also at the counter waiting to be checked in, and started chit-chatting with the desk clerk, like they'd known each other for years! At first, I thought it was another employee, but as I listened (I couldn't ignore the conversation, as this woman was right there in my face), apparently, this was another hotel guest. It seemed that those of us waiting to be checked-in, got put on "ignore" again, and had to wait even more while they carried on their little conversation that made absolutely no sense. ("Giggle giggle!" said they, and "Ha ha ha!" etc) ... FINALLY, I was acknowledged! Twenty minutes later! Seriously! This is no joke! It took fifteen more minutes to get me checked in!!! THIS CHECK-IN situation alone, is why they get a 3 rate and not a 5, so I hope someone is paying attention!

After being given my room key, I got all my stuff up to the door, and lo and behold, the keys didn't work. So... I had to go back down to the desk clerk, and wait AGAIN . . . same song second verse with the desk staff. After about ten minutes, I was acknowledged. I got new keys and got into my room. By now, I'm completely exhausted, not from my trip, but from the riff-raff with the check-in and the desk staff. :(

I had gotten a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen, so one would expect "perfection" with the condition of the room? Right?!? WRONG! As I was checking the room, I opened the refrigerator only to find, unwrapped cheese squares (dried-out, I might add), kid's drink boxes, a Sonic styrofoam cup, diet soda's, meat in packages, and beer! (and it had a funky smell). At first, I thought maybe these items were "stocked" for the room, until I looked at the Sonic cup, again, and realized that this was a previous customer's drink cup and also re-thought the unwrapped cheese. So, had to call the manager. She came up fairly promptly and assessed the situation and was cordial, apologetic and fixed the situation agreeably. Thank you. :))

The room itself was awesome! (View was horrible! looking on to another hotel wall), but the room itself, was more than accommodating. The bed was exceptionally comfortable! The air conditioner worked great! (almost too good, as a matter of fact). Honestly, the room itself, was great! Couldn't have asked for a better space to spend the weekend! It was roomy; linens were clean; all appliances worked wonderfully. The room smelled good and no smell of cigarette smoke or anything objectionable. The room itself, was much better than expected!!!

Upon check-out, the desk staff wasted no time getting me through to get my money. The man behind the counter was attentive and somewhat concerned, but very cold and almost "unfriendly". All he seemed to care about was getting me out of the way. He never spoke to me and there was never a "Thank you", from this man. All I heard from him was, "Who's next?"

Overall, it was a good stay, less the initial introduction as stated. However, I would stay again, just because of the room. It was a great room for the price, (if you have patience when you get there for the desk staff).

*** of ***** (3 of 5 stars) for this visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel if you want any kind of view. I hope I'm direction...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Rogers/Bentonville, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Ruby_Jazmin,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I traveled alone with my 2 year old & made reservations online requesting the first floor. I even called & specifically requested the first floor, knowing I was going to have to carry luggage in by myself with my 2 year old son. Upon Arrival there was 3 women at the front desk that could see me with my luggage & son at hand, i patiently waited till the man in front of me got his reservations wrapped up & then a women out of No where walks up & cuts in & they waited on her, by then my 2 year old is getting impatient & tired from travel, then 5 minutes later I'm asked, Oh are you waiting to check in? OMG were they Serious! I felt like telling no i just enjoy standing here with luggage & my 2 year old screaming. I was gave a room on the 2nd floor. They will not accomidate you & they don't care. They have a high rate for a Hotel that does not offer Continental Breakfast. I recommend the Hyatt in Rogers, the staff there is very Accomidating & they have Breakfast, it's much nicer & the same rate. They were booked that evening, or else thats were i would had stayed. This Hotel is Equivlent to the Suburban in Bentonville. I was not impressed. The only nice thing i could say was that the bed & pillows were comfortable, but the rooms are not kid friendly with to many cords hanging out of the walls.

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Rogers/Bentonville, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear 2709b,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
IHGCare
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Although I prefer staying at either Hilton or Starwood properties, both of those were out of the question for this business trip, as their lowest room rates exceeded the maximum allowable rate. One of my colleagues informed the rest of us that he was staying at the Candlewood, so I (reluctantly) made a reservation there as well. This is now my third consecutive week at this hotel. The rooms are adequate size for solo travelers, although the queen size bed was a bit lumpy for my liking. That didn't seem to disturb my sleep though. The rooms have air conditioner/heating units built into the walls under the windows and controlled by a digital thermostat on the wall. I didn't care for the way this unit automatically switched between heat and cool. If it's too cold in the room and you turn the thermostat up a nit to ease off of the air conditioning, if you go too far, it will simply turn on the heat. These units also feature an automatic shutoff when the room unoccupied for a period of time, which means that when you come back to your room after a day of work, the room is liable to be hot in the summer or cold in the winter until it has time to adjust the temperature once it detects that you have re-entered the room.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They will email your folio to you if that is easier for expense reports, although you may have to call a couple of times for them to get it sent correctly depending on who is sending it.

If you're a non-smoker, you will probably want to avoid the 4th floor. Half of the rooms on this floor are designated smoking rooms, but the entire 4th floor hallway wreaks of thick, stale smoke. I am on the 4th floor now, and I have my room window open and the bathroom fan on to suck in the fresh outside air. I think my room smells okay, but it's hard to say after walking through that hallway whether or not any of that smoky air has penetrated my doorway.

Like most newer budget hotels, the floors are thin. When I was on the third floor the previous two stays, I could easily hear my upstairs neighbor walking around.

The rooms are clean, and each comes with a 31" flat panel TV with a separate VCR/DVD player. You can check out a fairly wide selection of DVDs at the front desk for free. Other amenities include an ironing board and iron, medium size refrigerator, kitchen sink, dishwasher, microwave, and two-burner electric stove. The kitchen comes equipped with silverware, dishes, glasses, and a modest assortment of cooking utensils. My colleague who has also been staying here cooked a fairly extensive meal for himself in his room last week.

Bear in mind that housekeeping only comes around to your room here once a week. You will likely be furnished with three towels no matter how long your stay. If you end up needing more towels, you'll have to take your dirty towels down to the front desk to exchange them for fresh ones. Nobody will come in to make your bed. If you like your privacy during the week, this is the place for you.

The Internet connection does rock here. I have had no trouble conducting WebExes through the cabled connection. I have likewise been able to watch the short kinds of videos you'd see on the Weather Channel without any download delays. I must say that this Internet connection is the best one I have ever encountered at any hotel, Hiltons and Starwoods included.

Tons of places to eat within walking distance, and there's a multi-screen theater right across the street. This hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the Walmart data center, and maybe 10 minutes or so to the Walmart home office across town. This hotel was fine given the budgetary constraints placed on this business trip, but of course I would have preferred staying at one of the Hilton or Starwood properties here in Bentonville/Rogers.

Room Tip: Entire 4th floor hallway is smoky
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Swansea, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

The rooms have a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, pots, and dishes. The bedding was very comfortable. Enjoyed the place so much, we found the same chain in another location. We stayed 1 night at this location, and 2 nights at another location.
If you do not need housekeeping services, you put a magnet on the door stating that. If you need new towels, ask at the front desk. If you stay a week, the room is cleaned completely once a week.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

The front desk person was friendly and honored our request for an upgrade from a studio to suite because we have gold status. The room was pleasant, functional, and clean. Definately a budget hotel and furnishings, but tasteful, and not ultra-economy. As others have written, there's lots of chain restaurants nearby, and the rooms have housekeeping but once a week. There was annoying loud noise like a vacuum cleaner or air condiitoner from about 5:30 am to 6:00 am, but we forgot to ask what it was. We'll be going back again in a few weeks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Rogers/Bentonville? Share your experiences!