This hotel boasts 5 stars, has a very grand lobby and clearly thinks it is quite special. Sadly it hasn't got the basics right.
Our room was nice enough, decent furniture and well equipped. Unfortunately it was freezing. No heat at all in the bathroom which was also badly lit. The room had two double beds which at least meant that we could use both lots of bedding to make the temperature tolerable.
Breakfast, like so much about this hotel looked good but was barely OK.
All of the 'hot' food was cold - not lukewarm even - cold.
Drinks from the bar were eye-wateringly expensive, around £48 for a bottle of Aussie supermarket plonk. Still, nobody comes to Jordan for a drinking weekend.
No wi-fi in rooms, only the lobby.
The hotel is set on a hill out of town, too far to walk into town in the evening. On the plus side the views are outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moevenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel is a 10 minute drive from the entrance to the historic site of Petra, situated in a breathtaking secluded position on a hillside at an altitude of 1,400 metres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Moevenpick Nabatean Castle Resort
- Moevenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa