There are a lot of really good things about this hotel: it is THE perfect location; it is beautiful inside and out with a fantastic sitting area off of the lobby. I thought the breakfast buffet was fantastic. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and the entire hotel has recently been renovated. But there are some details leaving it short of 5 stars. The air conditioners, apparently in all the rooms, don't seem to work so the rooms seem warm and stuffy to me. We called three times for ice and it never came although each time we were assured it was coming right up. There aren't enough people to register and check people out - only one that I ever saw- which means there are often lines especially at the busy times. Finally, I couldn't find the restaurant Al Iwan on TripAdvisor so will review it here. It was bad. Nice decor and nice menu with waiters that try, but bad food. WAY over cooked lamb, all their fish is frozen and tasteless. In our table of five they forgot to put in one of the orders so we ate while she watched and then hers came, finally (after we inquired) when we were done and it still wasn't what she ordered. That restaurant is in dire need of a manager that knows what they're doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Mövenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Moevenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa