Our family group of 5 (including a toddler and infant) arrived following an unusual early January snow storm and freeze and fortunately were not scared off by the barely plowed roads from Amman. Unfortunately, the water pipes had frozen and no hot water in our rooms, but aside from that issue, this is a nice place to stay. Our dinner was very good traditional Jordanian/Arab food. The staff was helpful and enthusiastic. Everyone loved that an American family with 2 small children had come to visit.
We ended up with 2 rooms that were comfortable and clean. If our arrival had not been so late (due to the snow and road conditions) we would have loved to take advantage of the on-site Turkish Baths. (They provide services for both men and women in separate areas). We had asked for a suite or adjoining rooms, which did not happen, but one of the rooms had a spectacular view of the valley. Next time it will be warm enough to use the balcony.
Dinner is not included, but was worth the price for fresh whole fish, a meat dish, rice, and lots of bread, hummus and more. Getting hooked on the breakfast (included) of more bread, hummus, mish-mish, strong hot tea or Nescafe, thin slices of lunch meats, and other stuff... is not a bad thing! Its good to load up on some calories before heading off to the wonders of Petra! Great hospitality and a clean and comfy place to stay. Next time we will visit the Baths!
- Also Known As:
- Alanbat Hotel Petra Wadi Musa
- Alanbat Hotel 1 Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What began as a name for the masters of the caravans more than 2000 years ago has grown into one of the best and most provisional hotel investments in Petra Region. "Alanbat" is the Arabic name of the Nabataeans, the people who carved Petra, early CBC. Settled in southern Jordan 500 BC, they were expert in water planning & carving. Alanbat Hotels Company was founded in the early 80s by Raja O. Alnawafleh and Brothers. As young men we developed a big area and a small building for a campsite and a hotel. We were the first family of local people of Wadi Mousa Town to invest in hotels company and services. We as hotel management have got more than 30 years of experience. Services start with average capacity of 20 poxes; nowadays we have three hotels: Alanbat I (our main location), Alanbat II and Alanbat III. All the new services have been done on our main location to make your visit to Petra and your stay at our hotels amazing and pleasurable. Alanbat hotels can provide you with experienced assistance in getting the most out of your visit to Petra. Our staffs are ready to help you in the soul of Jordanian hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Alanbat Hotel 1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.