We had booked 2 rooms at Beit Zaman resort in Petra, Jordan, through Agoda, for the period from 29/dec/13 to 1/Jan/14 and had paid the whole amount.
However when we reached Beit Zaman hotel from Dead Sea on 29 Dec; our reservation vouchers were not honored, we were transferred to their sister concern hotel Taybet Zaman, which is far away from the city centre. Although the hotel claims to be 5 star category; it can not even be ranked as 3 star. The facilities are very basic -
1. The hotel is very far away from Petra; more than 10 km.
2. There is no shuttle service from hotel to Petra
3. There is no curtain inside the room.
4. The doors are old and rotten; the keys don't work properly
5. There is no variety of breakfast; for 3 days the breakfast was menu was same.
6. The service was poor; there was not even complimentary water available in the room. We had to repeatedly request the hotel reception to provide us Tea/Coffee maker in the room.
7. The bathtub did not have water stop.
8. The restaurant is far away, it is very inconvenient to reach the restaurant during winter night.
9. They presented a wrong bill while checking out; we had never used the Gala Dinner on New Year eve but were presented with the bill. Later they apologized by stating that it might be human error; this is not expected from a 5 Star hotel.
10. The staff at reception are inefficient; there was no coordination between the staff during change of shifts.
11. The toilets are cold.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Taybet Zaman Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taybet Zaman Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- Taybet Zaman Resort
- Taybet Zaman Hotel And Resort Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa