This hotel is located about 7 minutes drive from the main entrance to Petra. However, the location is absolutely stunning, with wonderful views of the dessert and mountains, watching the sunset is lovely.
I would not say it is a 5 star hotel, but it is most definitely a top class 4 star.
The rooms are very well appointed with all that you need after a long day walking in the Petra site.
The restaurant is good, serves alcohol and has 3.5/5 quality food, fresh food with good choice but nothing outstanding in terms of taste.
The tent out back is so awesome with sheesha, drinks and live bedouin music.
Special commendation goes to a chap called Raed or Raef, cant remember now. Was friendly and professional, his goal was simply to make sure we had a great evening, he worked in the restaurant.
Staff were overall friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Marriott Petra Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Marriott Petra Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa