We visited the Marriott Petra off-season (December) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff went out of their way to memorize our names (a nice touch, especially for the kids) and we felt very welcomed the moment we entered.
We had adjoining rooms and they were excellent quality beds and newly outfitted bathrooms. Everything was clean and felt new.
We ate most of our meals at the hotel and here again they went out of their way to accommodate our strange schedules (lunch at 10 am), even though it was off-season. The food was very good and my children loved their buffet.
As with other reviewers, we thought the view of the mountains was amazing - we took many beautiful pictures of the sunrise and sunset.
The only downside is that the hotel, being at the top of a hill/mountain is not near the Petra site entrance. You have to either rent a car or call a taxi. If you go with your family, I HIGHLY recommend that you go to the site early (as it opens). The Siq is breath-taking, especially when you feel as though you are the only ones there. Even off-season it became crowded by 11 am.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra Wadi Musa
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Marriott Petra Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Marriott Petra Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.