Stayed for two nights while checking out Petra. Very conveniently located a 5 minute drive to the main entrance of Petra and the whole hotel used names that had to do with the different themes within Petra.
The arrival process was very easy and staff were efficient. We were upgraded to a mountain view room on the 8th floor and waking up to watch the sunrise over the mountains was breathtaking.
The room decor was nice and modern, though you can tell the hotel is a bit older. The rooms were a bit smaller than the average Marriott room, but nice. The shower in our room was quite small, though the other room my family stayed in had a larger shower and bathtub. The beds were not as comfortable as many of the other Marriott beds I've slept in, but I was so tired by the end of each day that it didn't matter at all. We would have liked to have robes/slippers in the room.
The breakfast that was included in our room rate was very good. The staff in the breakfast area were very attentive and friendly. The food was a good international selection of breakfast, including many regional dishes.
The hotel will also make pack lunches for you if you want to take something along on your Petra adventures which was nice.
I would definitely stay here again if I were in the Wadi Mousa area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Marriott Petra Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Marriott Petra Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa