“The Best Bed and Breakfast in Jordan!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petra Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petra - Wadi Musa
Petra Bed and Breakfast
You added Petra Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
No Street Names Here, Petra - Wadi Musa 71810, Jordan   |
Edmonton, Canada
“The Best Bed and Breakfast in Jordan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this Bed and Breakfast and absolutely love it! I would recommend it to anyone. The upstairs rooms and bathrooms are spotless and the rooms are all nicely decorated. Patricia and Eid are extremely kind and bend over backwards to make sure their guests have a fun and enjoyable stay. The heater takes the chill off the room-and there is no need to run it consistently. As any informed traveller to Jordan should know-central heating is an anomaly. There are ample fluffy blankets on the bed to keep you warm and the heater heats the room up quickly. My room was very quiet and I was very well rested by the end of my stay.Shower pressure was great and I enjoyed many hot showers. Amazing views of Wadi Musa and the Petra mountains and also wonderful food and company make this B and B beyond compare. This is my "must stay" place when in Petra! Thanks so much for a truly memorable stay once again!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

There are a few things that made this place a bad fit for me – no internet service, insufficient heat in the room, and the remote location. I was really surprised that there was no Wifi or internet access. Patricia gave me her own internet stick, but it didn’t work in my computer. She also offered to let me use the computer in their home, but that’s awkward and not a real solution. I ended having to go to another hotel in town and pay to use their Wifi. I was also amazed that the rooms have no built-in heat. Patricia did give me a small portable heater but even with it running all night, the room never got comfortably warm. This was January in Petra, but it’s crazy not to have heated rooms. And the bathroom was freezing in the morning since I’d had to keep the door closed. There was a heating/AC unit in the common room but it never really warmed the room up sufficiently. The exhaust and motor are right outside the entrance to Room #3. Be sure to avoid that room, if the AC or heat are going to be running. The hotel is also not within walking distance to anything, so that means you need to pay for a cab anytime you want to get something to eat or shop or just walk around town. There are a lot of pluses that other people have mentioned. Patricia was very helpful and friendly, and the rooms are clean with great views. She also served a fantastic breakfast. Bottom line…if you don’t need internet, if the outside temperatures are comfortable, and if you have a car, then this is a great option in Petra.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PetraBedandBreakfast, Owner at Petra Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I’m sorry your stay wasn't what you expected however we did in no way mislead you, we don’t believe in doing business that way. Wifi is not mentioned as one of our amenities so you could have known and if you had asked me in advance I would have told you. I added a small sentence to our website now so that it’s even more clear for future guests. I’m sorry you felt awkward about using the computer in our home, this is what I always offer guests who don’t have their pc with them, nobody has ever told me it was awkward. People always appreciate the fact that they can use it.
About the heating, we know it’s cold in winter this is why we provide the heaters and plenty of warm blankets. Unfortunately houses here are cold and it’s nearly impossible to get them warm when temperatures are this low and I admit the unusually cold nights (minus 4) have been challenging! Energy friendly convection heaters will be put up in the 3 smallest of the 4 rooms today or tomorrow, that will (hopefully) solve the problem.
We know we're not at walking distance from town or from Petra so we gladly take our guests where they want to go. As we do for all our guests without a rental car we picked you up from the bus station and drove you to Petra in the morning. At the time you went into town for dinner our car wasn't here so I called a taxi. Many guests have mentioned the nice and quiet location on TA and they also mentioned having to take a taxi or being driven into town by us so it shouldn't have been a real surprise. It’s hard to have a nice and quiet location with great views and still be in the middle of town ;-)
I am glad to read that you agree with the pluses other guests mentioned about our B&B, I guess as you said it was not the right fit for you.
Patricia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Patricia and her husband couldn't do enough for me on my Petra visit. Hospitality is superb. Patricia would pack me a huge lunch in the morning and drive me to the Petra site entrance at 0700 am to avoid crowds and meet me in evening. Can't say enough good things and will definitely be coming back for a horse riding trip they organise.

• Stayed December 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here in early November & it was wonderful. Good sized room & en-suite, very clean & nicely decorated. Great spot on the hill overlooking the town of Wadi Musa, stunning at night!!
Patricia & Eid could not be more helpful. They gave us a local phone with both their numbers as well as for a taxi. They took us into town for our meals & when we went to Petra as well as picked us up again. Pack up for breakfast was huge, lasted us all day on our 8 hour walk round Petra. Best meal was at Sun City which was one of the resaurants they recommended.
Patricia was really helpful in every aspect, sorting taxi to Wadi Rum as well as our Jeep Tour.
In all honesty, if you dont stay here, your mad !!

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms & a shared area. To get the view over Wadi Musa at night you need room 3...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed at Petra B&B in mid Nov 2012 with my wife and 2 young children. The accommodation is in a lovely new stone built house, with excellent beds, very clean, great breakfast, and a nice quiet location with views over the valley. We had the family room, and it was ideal - far better than a sterile over-priced hotel.

Finding ther property initially was a bit of a challenge, but we rang Petra and she immediately came and met us. Once you see the way, it then becomes easy to get-and-from Petra (only 2 minutes drive).

Booking the accommodation direct with Patricia via e-mails was so easy, and she was very helpful answering questions etc. Patricia is a great host - helpful and friendly.

Our young girls (4 & 6) loved their horses, and Patricia & Eid let then feed and groom the horses everyday (the highlight of the holiday for our girls).

Chris

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great hosts, very helpful. Beautiful view from the rooms, big breakfast. The perfect place to come home to after hours of walking in Petra. Great hosts, very helpful. Beautiful view from the rooms, big breakfast. The perfect place to come home to after hours of walking in Petra. Great hosts, very helpful. Beautiful view from the rooms, big breakfast. The perfect place to come home to after hours of walking in Petra.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Yes, I've stay here one year ago on my own but, this time had My New Wife Pam with Me, and Pam and I do Not have any reservation about recommending Patricia and Eid 's B & B to stay at ,when you visit Petra.
Hospitality is the same, Breakfast more than I could eat. The view in the evening Looking down over Wadi Musa with all the light's on, and again fire work's.... some one in the village was getting Married.

Patricia & Eid.
ps.. Will return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Petra Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!