Pluses: The rooms were very neat and comfortable. The interior design was also pleasing.
Good food and buffet. Quite varied but still limited choices. Chicken was not available.
Entertainement quite good with shows, dances, some boat house activities.
The guys responsible of the entertainement were also very nice, and helpful.
Minuses: The boat house equipments are limited and old or broken. It has only pedalo and canoe.
We were told that the pool cues were also broken...
The entertainement (shows) starts quite late.... Around 21h30.
The swimming pool was not so clean.
Overall its a very good hotel considering the price (local winter price) we paid. Good value for money and I would certainly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CALODYNE SUR MER (3*** Superior)Located in North-East of the island, overlooking the beautiful sea of Mauritius, the recently renovated resort offers to singles, couples and families total comfort and relaxation. For sports lovers the structure offers free canoes and Paddle boats, beach volley, tennis table, bowling, darts and the possibility to reach the private island 'Angel Escapade ' that is situated opposite the hotel which allows you to enjoy the best of the beautiful sea of Mauritius and its absolute tranquillity. The resort also offers a soft entertainment program based on local music, folkloric dance and sport. All services are organized in order to spend a pleasant holiday.LOCATION:The resort is built in modern Creole style and is located about 15 minutes from Grand Baie, 40 minutes from the capital Port Louis and about 1 hour from the airport.ROOMS:82 rooms with terrace or balcony overlooking the waters of the Indian Ocean, the swimming pool or the tropical garden, all rooms have a small living room with angle tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar, telephone, air conditioning, safe, satellite TV and private bathroom with shower or bath tub and hairdryer. There are also excellent solutions for large families with accommodations which consist of 2/3 bedrooms.SERVICES:Reception 24 hours service, swimming pool, beach, Island relaxt and towels. Fusion Restaurant located on the sea, wave bar, and Vielle Rouge Restaurant a la carte.Spa (Ayurvedic massage and body treatments), boutique, baby sitter service, laundry, Internet point, taxi service and more.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Calodyne Sur Mer Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calodyne Sur Mer Hotel Grand Gaube
- Calodyne Sur Mer Grand Gaube