“Suprisingly Nice. Very Affordable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas

Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pocahontas
Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas
You added Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas to your Saves list
2203 Highway 67 S, Pocahontas, AR 72455 (Formerly Best Value Cottonwood Inn Pocahontas)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pocahontas
Paragould, Arkansas
“Suprisingly Nice. Very Affordable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

After reading the bad reviews, I was hesitant, but economy overrode my concerns. We stayed at Cottonwood for two weeks surrounding the 4th of July holidays, working in Pocahontas and though nothing fancy, the rooms were clean, and newly remodeled. Bed was a little lumpy, but we brought a foam mattress pad. Hosts were very accommodating and polite. Will stay there again. Also, now sign of bed bugs! By the way, on most of the nights there was either a large population of local cities police here for training or Arkansas Highway department employees lodging there as well. Bottom line it was less than half the price of the Comfort Inn just down the street, and we were on a budget. Didn't spend much time at the hotel, because of work. The rooms had a small microwave and refridgerator, but no coffee pot. We'll bring one next time.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back corner of bldg B. Pretty secluded, except for a few nights.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
cottonwoodinn16, Manager at Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We do take your reviews seriously and work on the problems to ensure we provide clean and comfortable rooms and good service to our guests. Thank you. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Our stay was horrible, after we stayed in pocahontas to visit family members we arrived home only to here on the news that it was confirmed by the local police academy that were also staying in this motel that they were getting bit by bedbugs, the local health dept came in and confirmed it, they shut one of there buildings down. i would not suggest this motel at all!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Recently, we have remodeled all of our rooms and followed-up with a local pest control company and received back negative reports of bedbugs from the company. We still keep track with the pest control company to ensure our rooms are treated good and also working on more renovations as well.

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We do take your reviews seriously and work on the problems to ensure we provide clean rooms and good service to our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Pocahontas hotels

Nowata, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My mom and I were visiting and did not realize that hotel accomodations would be so limited in Pocahontas. The Days Inn was full so we checked in at the Cottonwood Inn, The front desk staff was reasonably courteous but had a "take it or leave it attitude." In conversation we were told that there is some kind of police school right accross the street and the attendees stay at his hotel. We were told told that the hotel is always full with these police students and that we were luck to get a room there.

I was suspicious upon seeing the lobby which was dingy, smelly, marginally clean, extremely outdated and poorly decorated. There was a sign that said continental breakfast but my mom saw some petrified looking little sweet rolls in a basket and assumed that would be the breakfast.

I asked to see a room prior to submitting my credit card and the manager was reluctant and basically ignored my request. Since we did not want to drive to another town, we went ahead and paid for a room. We opened the room and immediately backed out. The room was terrible! The wall paper behind the beds was falling down. There was a picture hanging over one of the beds that was crooket and the glass cracked. The floor looked dirty. The beds we not inviting at all!

We left and asked for our money back. I did not eleborate on why we were leaving and the manager did not ask. The room was $54.98 without tax. We ended up driving to Jonesboro and stayed at a lovely Hampton Inn for $78 including a full hot breakfast.

I feel sorry for the police students who have to stay there. The managment needs to get busy and clean that place up!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

While in Arkansas for a funeral my family was looking for around 10 rooms. As we were all on a budget we decided to try the Cottonwood Inn. As an innkeeper myself I must say my first impression when entering the lobby was not good and should have sent up a red flag but as my budget was not the only one being considered I rented a room for me and my mom. When we entered our assigned room we found the table lamp covered with cigarette ashes (non-smoking room), the bathroom wall with feces smeared on it and the dressing room wall had large blood spots on it. I immediately called the front desk. When the owner/manager came to the room he tried to convince me that the feces was a cleaner and the blood was only from killed mosquitos. I made him move me to another room. The new bathroom had an area of black mold about 12" X 12" behind the commode and the corners of the floor had dirt built up in them. The kleenex holder in the dressing area was empty and covered in dust. Needless to say we left the next morning and moved to the Days Inn down the street. The Days Inn was a little more expensive but well worth the cost. The Days Inn gave our family a nice discount which the Cottonwood refused to do.

Room Tip: Hotel is old and work and drity. If you can live with Nasty...stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Joplin, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

After a problem with Days Inn, we decided to stay here. The rates are very fair and they give a military discount even. The rooms were very clean, comfortable. The manager was very nice and willing to help in any way possible. I will probably stay here again when visiting family. They have a mini fridge and microwave which is also nice to have.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
cottonwoodinn16, Owner at Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thanks for you review! We are looking forward for your next visit to Pocahontas, AR and your stay in our motel.

Been to Cottonwood Inn Motel Pocahontas? Share your experiences!