“Great Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich!” 5 of 5 stars

+(1)870.248.0338
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Vegetarian
Arkansas
“Great Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wolfgang's has a wonderful setting on the Pocahontas town square, with several tables featuring a beautiful view of the old courthouse right across the street.

They have a varied menu and a great salad bar. Their breakfast is the best I've had in town. My favorite lunch is their Philly cheese steak sandwich, with onion rings. Prices are about the same as Burger King and Wendy's, but here they bring the food to you and wait on you hand and foot!

I understand they will soon have full bar service, which will make it the perfect place to "wine and dine" in Pocahontas!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Louis, MO
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Wolfgang's on the Square recently. There is an extensive menu of breakfast and lunch items. The lunch menu consists of several salads, a number of sandwiches, regular plate lunches and special plate lunch options which change daily. Interestingly there is a salad bar that wasn't mentioned on the menu or by waitress. Undoubtedly we would not have ordered it anyway as the meals we ordered were sufficient.

I ordered from the daily special menu. The daily specials offer a choice of one of three meat items plus a choice of three of four vegetables ($7.25), or a plate with all of the vegetables.(I think around $5-6?). I had polish sausage with sauerkraut, slaw and southern potatoes. The sausage was good, not real spicy, but tasty. Sauerkraut is sauerkraut I suppose but it was OK. The potatoes were sauteed with some spices and little oil and were quite good. The slaw was very bland.

My wife opted for one the regular plate lunches, in this case the two piece catfish plate (grilled catfish) with fried okra and slaw. The fish was very good as was the okra. Cornbread was listed as option but was not available. The dinner roll served instead was mundane at best.

Overall our food was adequate. Certainly not a gourmet but a much better lunch than is served in a lot of places.

Service was OK although we did have to wait a bit to order after we received our drinks. The server admitted she "forgot" about us and was cleaning tables. But after that the food did arrive in a timely manner.

The room is fairly large with 4 or 5 booths along one wall, several tables for 6 along the opposite wall and many tables for 4 in the middle. It can probably seat about 70 or 80, perhaps more. I am trying to find the words to describe the atmosphere; being one large room with no dividers (except for the wall that separates the entry door and cash register from the rest of the room) it does not have welcoming or comforting feel. Not that it is "unwelcoming" it is just not homey. What I am trying to say is that you would not recommend Wolfgang's for the atmosphere and decor, but for the food.

Total cost for two lunches, tax, tip and coffee for one was abut $20.

Not associated with Wolfgang's but a place you should visit in Pocahontas is located adjacent to it: Small Farm Fibers. This store "harvests" wool and Mohair and makes yarn. When we stopped in the farmer who raises the animals was there so we got a quick education about raising the sheep and Angora goats that are the source of the fibers used. Who knew that sheep were first sheared at six months of age then twice a year after that? Very interesting place to visit, but be aware that the yarn there is pretty expensive.

• Visited February 2013