“Horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Pine Bluff
Goldsboro
“Horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife daughter and I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago, during homecoming events. We checked in and found that we didn't have any heat in our room. So we called the desk clerk that was on duty and she came up and checked the room and she couldn't get the heat to work either. She immediately told us that she would call the manager, which she did, and when she called us back it was told that there would be someone there to repair it the next morning that never showed up. So we called again, and they moved us to another room, and this room had s terrible odor like the bathroom as you walked into the door. Manager wanted to spray air fresher to an odor that was not going anywhere. Needless to say I will not stay here again unless it is under new management or an emergency.

Room Tip: Just make sure you check everything before you check in
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

My room is nice and spacious with a flat screen TV. The front desk clerk was very nice and the overall appearance is top knotch for a Comfort Inn. The only problem is the smell in lobby and hallway. It's a cross of cigarette smoke and wet dog. If you can hold your nose until you get to room, I'd recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
Waco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The night shift staff is horrible. She has charged us double for 1 night, in other words we got charged for 2 nights. She even holds over $300.00 on the credit card for 1 night, which isn't necessary. She was very rude to me, I witnessed her being rude to 3 other guests at the same time. The breakfast is a joke! The midnight shift is the one who puts the breakfast and she clearly has no clue what she is doing. Beware! if you stay over 5 minutes they will charge for another night! The manager? well that is a joke, he is never here to take care of the problems either! I'm in the process of filing a dispute with my credit card company. They even charged me for two nights when I wasn't even in the state......don't stay here unless you are desperate and watch the charges on you credit card.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed at this Hotel 4 weeks prior in March and had a wonderful stay. I had a few problems with door cards but otherwise was nice. I went back again to a nightmare. 3 out of the 4 days stay this time the room cards would not work. They blamed that on cell phones. Then, my travel companion which was a senior and I listened to loud banging from directly above us. After an hour and a half I called the desk to complain and still listened to it for another hour before it quit. The room had popcorn all over it from I suppose the last guest that was never cleaned up. No toliet paper upon arrival. Staff at the desk were always gone. The front doors are locked at night and you have to have staff let you out. Lastly, the hotel cart was not available for me to load my car with 4 days and 2 peoples belingings and coolers. The clerk sadi she had no idea where it was. 1 cart for 50+ rooms. I WOULDNT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THE GRIEF..TRUST ME.
The manager offered 1 night for free and really acted put out to give that. Still havent seen the credit. But full charges have been applyed to my card. WARNING

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Belleville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to businesses and families. Suggest that you call the Desk and make your reservation. Travelocity will make $15 - $20 off of you extra for booking with them.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff and clean room (carpet)
  • Disliked — Contract Workers getting up early in the morning (3 a.m.) little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2003

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Pine Bluff and really enjoyed this hotel. Our room very big and spacious. The room was decorated beautifully and was very clean and neat. It was located in a convenient area close to gas station, restaurants and even a mall!! The next time we are in Pine Bluff we plan to stay at this hotel. I recommend it highly.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!