“This hotel should not be a Laquinta” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Bluff Inn & Suites

You added Pine Bluff Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Pine Bluff Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3103 East Market Street, Pine Bluff, AR 71601 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites Pine Bluff)   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Pine Bluff
Dallas, Texas
“This hotel should not be a Laquinta”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I checked in 11/09/2013 using my points that I earned during business travel. Bathtub was stained or dirty could not tell which. (did not take bath or shower) Chair at desk was broken (unusable) Microwave was on the desk leaving no room for work. Light was broken and no alarm clock. The signs on the door says renovation in process......What does this have to do with room condition. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for a work training course. I have been at this hotel before because of its convenient location but this time I was totally surprised by recently renovated hotel for the price. This was a convenient location for me, close to public transport. The only thing I would say is that the area seems a little rough at night so as a female travelling alone I wouldn't recommend going far at night in the dark, otherwise I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

I would definitely recommend it to others for the price i paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor at the rear of the hotel if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The overall process and dealing with the new owners was a headache! Made 3 reservations in February 2013, only to find out that management had cancelled one of my reservations because it was realized that they overbooked the hotel. This was 3 weeks prior to check-in in October. The room was awful and the hotel was being renovated. During my stay, I did not see one thing that was finished to give anyone a glimmer of hope....to see what was in store for the future. Never say never is a cliché, but that was my last stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rockaway Beach, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

A cluster puck. All the other reviews are spot on. Same problems with our room. We pick LQ all the time. We travel with a dog and all of the La Quinta hotels we have stayed at have been wonderful, until now. We did a pre-inspection a month before we booked and saw all the construction and they showed us one of the rooms that was "almost finished". A 2 room suite, new carpet, nice tv's, dated but ok furniture but was told that was also going to be replaced and it should be completed by the time we check in.
My wife showed up first for a 2 week stint out of a 10 week stay in the city. She told me the conditions, but I kind of brushed them off for some reason. New construction, but the room would be good. When I arrived it sunk in. We have left nicer places than this.
The first morning after arrival, I asked for a blanket, not an extra blanket, an alarm clock, some extra hand towels and some coffee pods. After a 4 hour wait for the cleaning staff, who didn't show, I asked the same guy at the front desk. An owner as it turned out. He said he would talk to the cleaning person and bring them up. 2 hours later I returned to the front desk, same guy. He said he would bring them up and I sat down in the lobby and said I'd wait here.
I can understand poor construction, sloppy renovation, not finding good help, inept management and dated furnishings. THIS PLACE HAS IT ALL!
Management claims it is due to poor construction help and I have no reason to not believe them. Pine Bluff Arkansas is not on my list of places I'd like to revisit.
Stay away at all costs. If you are traveling with your pet, I feel your pain. In fact, I'm still feeling it.
In fact, we are still here and will be for several weeks. Not afraid to post while still here and will provide an update at our departure.

Room Tip: All floors are filthy. Incomplete renovations can be expected in every room. 3rd floor is a war zone...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were not told the hotel was under renovation. Rooms were dirty and not supplied. We had to ask for TP blanket, trash can, towels, etc. Seems no one inspected rooms as the first room they assigned us had no supplies, towels were used and sheets had stains on them. They should renovate one floor at a time. Perhaps when they are done renovating it will be fine - as long as they train people to clean and inspect rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I could have dealt with some construction mess. However, I can not understand renting rooms with construction debris in the tub, no wastebaskets and inoperative phone. The next room we were given looked ok when we first arrived. I tripped over a heavy pair of size 12 Croc-like shoes left on the floor on the far side of the bed. The phone didn't work. The dead bolt didn't engage and the addition security lock was ripped from the door. The TV did work and the bed was comfortable. We were traveling with our son, who had recently returned from Afghanistan. He said he had slept in worse places.

This hotel just didn't represent the quality of stay we have come to expect of La Quinta Inns.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

When travelling with my basset hounds, I have always found the LaQuinta brand the best for pet friendly travel. I have had consistent stays, and haven't even missed my Embassy Suites or Marriott hotels I stay in when solo. Then there is Pine Bluff. From the get-go this place was a disaster. It took my near ten minutes of waiting as the front desk clerk and manager finished their talk and cigarette out front to acknowledge I was waiting at front desk. The room was OK, but the grounds and hallways were just dirty and unkempt. Food was spilled at one exit, it remained there all day and until I left the next day. One maintenance team member, complained about the heavy cement bags he was asked to lug for the renovation. The area is seedy, garbage strewn allover the parking lot. I can see why the much nicer Best Western and all-brick Super 8 would be better choices if you need to be in this area. The mall is within wealking distance, except for the three anchors Dillards, Sears and JC Penney it is mostly empty.

I understand a renovation is going on, but I am afraid its will be done on the cheap and not lend to an overall consistent La Quinta property. The brand should really look into taking away this flag. The area is dismal. stay away! I chose it because it was 500 miles from my previous destination.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Pine Bluff Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!