“Way Better Than I Thought” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 North Blake Street, Pine Bluff, AR 71601   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Pine Bluff
West Memphis, Arkansas
“Way Better Than I Thought”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

During a quick trip to see son at University Of Arkansas Pine Bluff. I drove in town and had an unexpected weekend overnight stay. I walked right into the frot desk and got a room right away. Front staff was very accommodating. Prices were very reasonable. Room and bathroom was clean, no bugs. Also, bedding was fresh and bathroom was clean too. It was tolerable and decent. So many of those other reviews were over exaggerating how bad the hotel was. It was way better than I thought. Will save my money and stay here again...well worth what I paid for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Any room will accommodate most needs.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
pine bluff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

my fiancee and i stayed two weeks the first morning we went to breakfast they had nothing it was pitiful we went the next and while they had food it was blah. They had a young kid who spoke english very well but was rude and arrogant. there was drug dealing prostituition and other activities that i did not want to be around the room was horrible i had to fix the sink the toilet the bedside lamp. unless it is a last resort i say dont go near it stay as far away as possible the form the serrvice to food it was pitiful the highway 65 motel is better than this place

sincereley

severly disgruntled customer.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Smith
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

I stayed recently at the Horizon Inn and Suites in Pine Bluff. I asked for a Non-smoking room and was given what the clerk said was the last non-smoking room available.

The room was on the First Floor towards the back, facing the highway and was dingy and poorly lit. The air-conditioning worked, but was noisy and the grill was broken. Even though this was supposed to be a non-smoking room, it didn't smell that way. When I complained to the Front Desk, I was told there were no other non-smoking rooms available.

The bed itself was OK, but the pillows were flat and the sheets were stained. I found it difficult to sleep due to the stale/smokey air in the room and other guests in the motel who were partying late into the evening. Although the bathroom had plenty of hot water, the bath towels were very thin and small.

I stay in a lot of motels and this one was one of the worst I've ever stayed in.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Bad Smell, Dirty Room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

This was absolutely the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at or will ever stay at. I assumed that because the name included "Inn and Suites" that it would be a pretty nice hotel. However, upon arrival, I quickly found out that it doesn't mean anything. This hotel looks like one of those dilapidated hotels that you see on the side of a deserted highway. The front office looked old and was hot. Upon check-in, I quickly noticed that the room had a really bad odor. I literally sprayed the entire room with Lysol. I pulled back the mattress and saw that the box springs was soiled with stains. The adjacent wall had stains which gives obvious signs of an infestation of bed bugs. The carpet was soiled and the bathrooms were not cleaned to satisfaction. The telephone looked like it had not been wiped down in years. My pillow cases had stains in them as well. Bums were coming up and begging for money. I promptly checked out the next day and went to another hotel, which is really nice. PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. It should be condemned.

• Liked — There was nothing that I liked about this hotel.
  • Disliked — The rooms were not clean. If the rooms were at least clean, the stay wouldn't have been so bad.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

Pine Bluff is a small town, so what did I expect? I expected at least a 3-star hotel. Any property that puts "suites" in their name gives me a false sense of security. I should have known when we drove up and discovered it was a hotel with outside doors.

This hotel looks great from the outside. It's conveniently located--right off the I-65. KFC is across the street, a taco place is in the back door, and McDonald's is still walking distance. The dollar store is across from Mickey D's.

The room was dank. It has an old feel. The walls needed serious scrubbing, thus gave me the feeling that I was living in a "dirty" atmosphere. There was a fridge and microwave (hence, suite), but the overall ambiance made me check out the next day.

• Liked — comfy beds
  • Disliked — dingy decor
  • Tips/Secrets — go to the hotels near the mall
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!