“good room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Presidential Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Presidential Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Presidential Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3104 Market Street, NE Cnr of 65B & Market St, Pine Bluff, AR 71601-6811   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Pine Bluff
“good room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The clerk that checked me in were very friendly and have excellent knowledge of the company business, it was one of my best checkin experience. The lady that worked the breakfast bar were friendly and helpful in making sure that everyone were satified with there breakfast

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lucedale, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I prefer to book my reservations with the hotel rather than through a toll-free reservations number. By calling the hotel directly I can usually have my requests honored. My wife and I had a one night stopover in Pine Bluff at the BW PLUS PRESIDENTIAL HTL STES. I called the hotel to make my reservation. The person I talked to was polite and efficient. I was able to get the downstairs room that I requested.

The same lady who took my reservation checked us in. Check in went smoothly. She recommended a good restaurant nearby. The food was very good.

Our room was really nice, and it was spotless. Internet services were easy. A password code is written on the room key envelope.

Breakfast, while not extraordinary, was good. It included a sufficient choice of carbs and protein.

Check out was easy and went without a hitch.

The hotel staff made an otherwise routine stay really enjoyable. All employees that I dealt with were courteous, polite and efficient. Exactly what you would want.

By the way, if you should stay here then you should go to the food court at the nearby Pines Mall and try out the "Soul Food" counter. It's just good home cooking at its best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This weekend, I stayed at the Best Western Hotel. When I checked in, I gave the attendant my Driver's License and Credit Card. For some reason, I was told that I could not get a receipt for the amount that was charged to my credit card. My reservation was for a room on the smoking floor. I explained to the attendant that I was allergic to cigarrette smoke and probably wouldn't be able to stay in the room. They offered to give me a spray and an air purifier. I went to the room to see how bad it was and immediately started sneezing, coughing and having difficulty breathing. They gave us a second room which reeked of urine. We finally got settled into another room. The next day (Friday), someone from the front desk called and said that we needed to pay the remaining balance on the room. I thought it was odd to ask that because we were not checking out until Sunday. I've never stayed at a hotel where you were required to make the payment upfront or before you checked out, especially since a one night deposit had been paid by my friend when she booked the room. I asked the desk manager, Marcie if that was a standard practice or if they were just doing that since it was a college homecoming weekend. She stated that it was a policy because it was the weekend. I asked to see the written policy and told her that I would gladly pay before checkout if there was a written policy stating that I had to. She could not produce the policy, so I told her that I would pay when I checked out. I went on to explain that I was highly offended at their discriminatory practice of asking the African American guests who were visiting for Homecoming to pay in advance, when they didn't ask all guests to do the same. I was preparing to leave early Sunday morning and stopped by the desk to pay the balance on the room. I asked the desk attendant Mike, why they debited money from my friend's account when I told them that I was paying on Sunday when I checked out. He told me that I was not authorized to pay for the room because I was not a "registered guest." This information was not true. My name was added to the reservation prior to my arrival. The desk attendant made a copy of my Driver's License and applied a payment to my credit card (which they later reversed.) I asked where the copy of my Driver's License was and he couldn't produce it. He said. "Maybe she messed it up the other night." At this point, I was so frustrated because this obviously incompetent team has my Driver's Licence info and credit card info, but can't seem to find them. He said he would look for them, but I would have to stop by the next morning. I explained to him that I needed to leave right away as I had an obligation at home later that morning. We exchanged words and then Mike told me that I needed to leave. I told him that I planned to leave after I paid what I owed for the room. He called the police on me. Once the policeman arrived, he even stated that he was confused as to why they wouldn't accept my payment, but he advised me to just leave. Today, my friend notified me that there were several erroneous transactions on her bank account. She also booked a second room. Those guests paid cash, but their receipt says "no cash received." She has been charged twice for both rooms for the 3 nights we stayed, and she has been charged for an additional night on one of the rooms. The attendent Mike went on to tell her that he didn't accept my payment because he didn't like the way I was talking to him. I tried to do the right thing by paying for my room, but the attendent and General Manager wanted to be mean and vindictive because I called them out on their discriminatory practices. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The entire facility had a weird smell that I couldn't determine, the rooms needed repair (my bathroom sink had a large crack in it and you could see the poor patch job they did), and the service was horrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Very nice / clean hotel with a very friendly staff. Location is in a safe area of town. With the mall and some eating places close by. Hotel would be perfect if they would upgrade to flat screen tv's.

• Stayed August 2012
Bestwesternpb, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Presidential Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank You very much for taking your precious time and write the review about our hotel. We are starving hard to make our customer happy in all manners. Yes, the flat screen TVs are schedule to arrive no later than first quarter of next year and those will be according to Best Western Plus standards and which are not less than 37Inches.

Bob Patel
St. George Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Room & motel was very clean. Very reasonable price for the quality. Very nice bed. Breakfast was average. Quiet. A/C worked very good. Large bathroom. My wife thought the motel had a "cover-up" smell but I didn't smell it. Close to a mall. Pine Bluff has a shortage of restaurants. The girl at the front desk could only recommend Red Lobster and Chili's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

If you find yourself in Pine Bluff, this is a good place to stay. Other than the lobby being a little smelly, we didn't have any negative issues here. There is a Red Lobster nearby but not much else foodwise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010 via mobile

Room was clean and up 2 date. Bathroom was spacious and very clean; room was free of bugs but did have a funny smell throughout the hotel. Pool is outside and it is big and clean! Breakfast, to me, was very good for continental. Staff was very pleasant and prompt. Would stay here again for sure

• Stayed March 2011

Been to BEST WESTERN Presidential Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!