“No sense of customer service!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Seaford, United Kingdom
“No sense of customer service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Went to have lunch with some friends and we all ordered food and drink. I was the only person to order the fishcake/s and I was very disappointed. One fishcake with a mound of salad. I tried a couple of bites, but in the end decided I would rather have nothing than some tasteless mush in a breadcrumb shell. I asked the waiter to take it away and he asked if I wanted something else. I said No. I enjoyed sitting with my family and friends, chatting happily and I was not too bothered with not having my lunch. Then the landlady (I assume it was the landlady) came to our table and asked why I wasn't happy with the fishcake. I explained I have had many different fishcakes at different venues and the reason I enjoy them is the taste of fish and decent pieces of fish within them. What I had just sent back was smashed to pieces and tasted of nothing. I just did not want to eat it. She agreed that it was flaked and then mashed, but she had just asked two other diners what they thought and they had said they liked the fishcakes. I DO NOT CARE! Please do not compare what I dislike about my meal with what some strangers in a pub think. Just accept that it is below par and leave it be. I did not make a scene, I just asked that my meal was taken away and said I wanted nothing else. I feel quite aggrieved now I am home and would not recommend this pub to anyone. There are better ways to resolve a problem than by insinuating a customer is wrong because someone else said their food was fine.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

eastbourne
“bar meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The staff were very pleasant and welcoming to their characterful pub. The building is what you would expect an old Sussex pub to be. It serves bar food (order at the bar from the board and pay at the bar). The food was good, but overpriced. There are nearby restaurants that serve better quality food for the same price or similar quality but cheaper.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Could not have been more welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Visited this lovely old country pub several times now and have never been disappointed. The food is great and really good service too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton
“Proper traditional pub with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Fantastic country pub with all the trimmings...seperate snug bar with comfy chairs and fire, big sociable public bar with real atmosphere plus seperate but connected restaurant area, Jovial Landlord, Great staff, Good food and real old world hospitality....wish I lived in Littlington

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastbourne
“We'll be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We went to the Plough & Harrow for an evening out with friends which was our first visit. We received a warm, friendly welcome from the landlord and had a look around this lovely, characterful establishment. The menu had plenty of choice with a variety of dishes including steak, seafood and vegetarian options. The food was of a good quality, with generous portions and everyone enjoyed their meals. There was a lovely, friendly atmosphere in the pub, and we will definitely visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere