“Worst place to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mercer Motel

Mercer Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mercer
Mercer Motel
You added Mercer Motel to your Saves list
2 Roose Road, Mercer, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mercer B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Worst place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is probably the worst place in NZ to stay :( We stayed a night only because we didn't want to drive from Auckland North Shore to the race track early in the morning. We got there and they had to look for our room key.....I thought the room is nice and comfy as it's only for one night's stay and I'm not a fussy person. On inspection though, there was some white substance on my pillow case. It didnt look like an old stain, it seemed like the linen wasn't clean. On further inspection we found something that looked like dried blood on the sheets. Not saying it was, but again it wasn't only a stain so obviously they couldn't be bothered changing the linen after the previous people stayed there. Also they had a band playing but we were told we won't hear it from our room. Now, I love local NZ music, but not when I want to sleep! Yes, we heard it, loud and clear, no need to go to the bar for that. All in all, it really was the worst place I have ever stayed. And more depressing, my husband wrote an email to the people with our complains and sadly, they didn't even feel like responding or apologising or anything like that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business

Been to Mercer Motel? Share your experiences!