“Best BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ozark
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Best BBQ I have ever had. It was crowded and had to wait but it was worth it. If you are traveling any where near Ozark you must stop and eat!!!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good but would be great with a rub (spices)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place would be great if they used more rub (spices) while cooking the meats. I am a BBQ fanatic.

BBQ is based on my opinion by how well it is cooked and the taste. BBQ should taste great without the need for sauce (which should add to the experience). The food was cooked well, I assume they are using a Southern Pride smoker, I had ribs and my wife had the smoked prime rib. The ribs were cooked well, and the prime rib was cooked great. However, they do not use rubs on the ribs and only pepper for seasoning for the prime rib. All portions are huge and the dinner salad was excellent. Other people in our party had sandwiches that were huge. The BBQ sauces are good (hot not too hot).

The place is extremely busy and there is no beer served (not a problem for me).

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not Worth Stopping For”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were traveling thru and stopped to get take out. The food was average. If you order brisket by the pound it will only be hot if you order a day in advance.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Worth the Wait!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

One of the best meals I have had in a long time. Had to wait awhile, but it was certainly worth the wait and the trip to Ozark. I am the director of sales of a hotel in Fort Smith, and I will recommend to all of our guest to make the short drive to Ozark to experience the great food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ozark, Arkansas
“Bad food ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I ordered the rib dinner to go I got to where I was going the sides were not in the box and the ribs were mushy like they had been frozen after smoking. Will not be back again

Rivertowne, Owner at Rivertowne BBQ, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I apologize for our mistake on your take-out order. I know the three young ladies who take and pack orders did not do it intentionally. If you had called and let us know what happened we would have rectified our mistake to your satisfaction. I only purchase the best meats and have from the day Rivertowne opened, and I will continue to do so as long as I own the restaurant. This is one of the reasons why Rivertowne has the reputation as one of the best BBQ restaurants in Arkansas. We do not buy our ribs frozen nor do we freeze them! Pamela Doyle-Owner