We were on a your if the region so dropped into this beautiful and historically significant building for lunch. The staff were kind enough to show us around briefly before lunch. The food was ok but the service terrible. Only three tables were eating but the waiter rushed us removing the mains plates before some if the others had finished then serving dessert while mains were still being eaten. Worse, he stood beside the table waiting for the last main to be finished before quickly swapping the plate for dessert. Finally when we paid he didn't leave the table, inferring he wanted a tip. Not impressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colonial property of oldest and majestic of Ecuador, belonged to Marquis de Maenza from Century XVII and his descendents who resided between their walls. Located in the skirts of Cotopaxi with its volcanic stone walls of two meters of thickness. Turned into a beautiful hotel from 1982, when it opened its doors to offer to the visitor, the poetry of a time, the nature of the zone, turns La Cienega an unforgettable memory of The Andes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere and Despegar.com so you can book your Hacienda La Cienega reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cienega Hotel Cotopaxi Province
- La Cienega Cotopaxi
- Hacienda La Cienega Ecuador/Lasso, Cotopaxi