I absolutely loved this hotel, from the drive up to it, to the internal courtyard with it's own chapel, this is one of my favourite hotels of all time. It is not right next to the national park so you need to do a tour or take a taxi. The tours through the hotel are quite expensive and our guide didn't speak English so make sure you ask questions before agreeing!
The food was pretty good and the service excellent. We loved coming in from the cold to the little fires dotted around everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the oldest colonial properties in Ecuador, this 300 year old hacienda is located in the skirts of Cotopaxi, it's made of volcanic stone walls of two meters of thickness. Turned into a hotel in 1982, when it opened its doors to offer the visitor the poetry of a time and the nature of the zone, La Cienega is an unforgettable memory of The Andes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Hacienda La Cienega reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cienega Hotel Cotopaxi Province
- La Cienega Cotopaxi
- Hacienda La Cienega Ecuador/Lasso, Cotopaxi