“A bit greasy” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Arkansas
“A bit greasy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Gadwall's is good for variety of fried and basic staple food - chili, burgers, chicken strips, cheese dip. I love cheese dip so always try it. Theirs is good, a bit heavy on the cumin, and uses yellow cheese. The chips are light to go with it. My burger was fine and I could tell it was freshly handmade from ground meat, not frozen or pre-pressed. The fries, however, are the soggy type, thick with no crispy crunch to them - not my favorite. Salads are good here too, but beware, every salad has tons of bacon and dressing, so it is NOT a dieter's choice.

Visited February 2013

Conway, Arkansas
“Not like it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We live in Conway and went to Gadwall's Grill Sunday for lunch as part of our Valentine eat out we do each year. I have always loved their burgers. Since we haven't been in a while my wife liked the idea and since my parents and sister and her family live near by they met us for lunch. Well, something happened from the time I was there before till this time. For one thing all the wait staff is totally different than the last several times we had been there. There was the since of urgency to make the motions but not sure all the wait staff was firing on all cyclinders. I ordered my usual burger as did my wife. She got fries with hers and I just ate chips that usually come with it. I liked their burgers as they have always been so juicy, like the ones my late Uncle Mike used to cook at his diner in Furlow. This burger was not the same juicy burger that I had enjoyed on my past visits. As a matter of fact their wasn't much taste to the burger other than the onions that were on it. If you are going to go the cheap way on saving money? Don't do it by buying bread that falls apart when eating a hamburger. Nothing makes me madder than trying to eat a burger and the bread falling all over the plate. My brother said his burger was rather bland as well. My wifes burger wasn't even cooked all the way through. We had to go hunt down the waitress to take care of the problem. The meat on the cheeseburger they brought back was tepid at best as it hadn't even melted the cheese on top of it. Bland, Bland Bland. I don't guess we will be making any special trips to Gadwall's Grill anytime soon for a juicy burger.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Gadwalls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A local eatery, not a linen napkin type establishment. This is a local favorite and the nacho's, burgers, and salads are very good and reasonably priced. The waitress are always friendly, helpful, and very prompt in placing your order. Their fried pies (the apricot is my favorite) are delicious and are served cold or hot and may be accompanied by a scoop of ice cream. The restaurant is almost always crowded (a good sign) but the wait is generally less than 15 minutes. If you are looking for something a little different and not a chain, this may be the place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best place in NLR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent food and service with reasonable prices. Their breakfast is wonderful and is on Friday-Sunday only. I like the spinach and feta cheese omelet. For lunch or supper I love the patty melt.

Visited November 2012
North Little Rock
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Owner and employee complacentcy and pricng have caused me to visit less. Food used to be better. I think menu pricing was done be an actuary.

• Visited July 2012