“Don't know what the fuss is about” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arkansas
“Don't know what the fuss is about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Based on the good reviews I met my girlfriends for our birthday celebration party here on August 31st. We all had to drive quite a way from Little Rock to get there so I was truly hoping it would be as good as it sounded. The surrounding are OK BUT the accoustics are terrible. The four of us had to practically shout to even hear each other over the den and echo of the place. We placed our orders and each got a guacamole to start. When it was delivered in a small bowl each we dug in. Honestly, to me it tasted like the pre-made frozen stuff one can buy at Kroger if even that good. Then our meals came much later. The shrimp tacos one girlfriend got were TINY. I got the encillada dinner and paid the extra $1.50 for cheese sauce (which turned out to be watered-down queso). I've had better food at Taco Bell for much less money. We all agreed we won't be back, especially when we got our bill and they had put almost every drink on the wrong order (even though our empty glasses were still sitting there when the bill came).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Best Mexican Food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Santo Coyote was a pleasant surprise for our family. Expecting the run of the mill burritos, quesadillas and fajitas, we were taken aback by the depth and variety of their menu. We had a party of eight on a weekend with no reservations and the wait was minimal, the service was great and the food was excellent! I can't wait to bring friends and try out their margaritas! The guacamole tableside is the best I have ever eaten, their soup was something that I will crave, and their entrees were made witht he freshest and highest quality ingredients. We will be back soon!

Little Rock, AR
“Wonderful fajitas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We found a wonderful restaurant in our back door for fajitas! How exciting is that???

Santo Coyote's mixed fajitas for 2 is our favorite dish there. The chicken and steak are juicy hand-cut strips instead of the tiny strips of meat you typically get when ordering fajitas. You get an adequate strip of chicken and steak cooked to perfection and served with rice, beans, and the trimmings that are so important to top it off. We usually have enough leftovers to bring home for a meal the next day. The value for the cost is very good.

Their salsa and chips that are served while you wait are awesome with the salsa being very spicy to get your taste buds flowing.

Overall, I give them a 10 out of 10 for their fajitas because they are THE BEST we have found! We have visited multiple times and never been disappointed.

The margaritas are wonderful too. Tangy and cold, just a few more calories than I want to consume since I'm enjoying all of the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colbert, Georgia
“Great Guacamole and Chile Relleno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I come to North Little Rock often for business and Santo Coyote is one of my favorite places to eat. They are conveniently located on McCain Blvd near the mall and have plenty of parking. A couple years ago I was with a group and someone recommended the guacamole made fresh at the table. I was hooked. I now order fresh guacamole at several restaurants near my house, but I think they have the best mixture of fresh ingredients. I usually pair it with an a la carte Chile Relleno and it makes a perfect meal. The two cost me around $13.00 before tip and was worth every penny. I have always received top notch service from the staff and the manager came by the table to make sure all was well.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“We'll return again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant was recommenced by a sales clerk where we were shopping. Santo Coyote had catered an event at that store and provided really great food. This was our first time eating there and we were not disappointed. Others must like it also because the restaurat was busy but we were seated almost immediately. Our server arrived quickly, introduced herself as Dawn and said "I am here to take care of you" and she did take care of us,,,,,,,,,, excellently. Her food recommendations were delicious and the service was awesome. The food arrived quickly and was hot and perfectly prepared. The decor was attractive, building and restrooms very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. I would highy recommend eating here and we definately will return when we are in the North Little Rock area

• Visited July 2012