“Great Guacamole and Chile Relleno” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Colbert, Georgia
“Great Guacamole and Chile Relleno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I come to North Little Rock often for business and Santo Coyote is one of my favorite places to eat. They are conveniently located on McCain Blvd near the mall and have plenty of parking. A couple years ago I was with a group and someone recommended the guacamole made fresh at the table. I was hooked. I now order fresh guacamole at several restaurants near my house, but I think they have the best mixture of fresh ingredients. I usually pair it with an a la carte Chile Relleno and it makes a perfect meal. The two cost me around $13.00 before tip and was worth every penny. I have always received top notch service from the staff and the manager came by the table to make sure all was well.

• Visited August 2012

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“We'll return again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant was recommenced by a sales clerk where we were shopping. Santo Coyote had catered an event at that store and provided really great food. This was our first time eating there and we were not disappointed. Others must like it also because the restaurat was busy but we were seated almost immediately. Our server arrived quickly, introduced herself as Dawn and said "I am here to take care of you" and she did take care of us,,,,,,,,,, excellently. Her food recommendations were delicious and the service was awesome. The food arrived quickly and was hot and perfectly prepared. The decor was attractive, building and restrooms very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. I would highy recommend eating here and we definately will return when we are in the North Little Rock area

• Visited July 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“My favorite Mexican food in Central Arkansas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I'm pretty picky when it comes to Mexican food because I'm Hispanic. I won't say they're perfect, I haven't tried all the food and some of it is a bit fusion-y but the asada tacos are closer to good street tacos which is a plus from the greasy stuff I've seen at some local establishments!

Also, they have a good selection of food types, tacos, soup, salad, steak, seafood... and on the mention of seafood they have an excellent ceviche appetizer! Ceviche is where the fish has been "cooked" in lime juice - usually served in a relish the fish is cut into pieces along with tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, onion & sometimes avocados. They made ceviche like my mom did when I was a kid! Love it!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Little Rock, Arkansas
“First Visit for me and some friends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Tuesday evenings is dinner with friends nite. Our group chose Santo Coyote after tiring of our last favorite mexican restaurant. First three arrived shortly after 5PM...greeter was friendly and checked to make sure we had a large enough table before seating us (we ended up with 11 ppl).
We show up in waves, so 3 turned to five, seven, 9 then 11.

The dining area is mostly open with one side area. There is also a large outdoor eating area for those who want to brave Arkansas heat and humidity. There are no beverages on the food menu, drinks are on a separate menu. Lots, lots, lots of tequila. Happy hour until 6 and then again after 9pm. House margaritas $3..regular size. Many flavors for $1 more, our table enjoyed peach(very good), strawberry pomegrante(also very good) and regular(nothing special).

Salsa has a little heat, cheese dip is hot and creamy and chips are crisp and served with no salt(just the way we like). Guacamole was good...did not see salt put in it, but it must have been in something as it was salty. Entres were varied...beef enchiladas, no seasoning on ground beef so this was tasteless; chicken fajitas, good balance of onions, peppers, tomatoes and chicken; flank steak in fajitas was the hands down winner at our table, meat was perfectly cooked, seasoned delightfully and fork tender...outstanding! Unfortunately I had the enchiladas.

Others at our table had been here before and complained of poor service on previous trips, I could not complain about the service. Salsa and chips were constantly refilled and drinks were not allowed to empty. The staff did not rush our group as we always are slow to order, slow to eat and then linger after dinner to continue visiting.

Overall this was just average, in my opinion. Ok drinks, Ok food, Ok service. The dining area is a little dark and a little too cool for my group. Will we be back...maybe??

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“¡Muey Calientè”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

One of the best chain restaurants in the area with standard Mexican fare but awesome margaritas. Try the guacamole made fresh at your table. Over 100 tequilas available in their Tequila Bar! Pleasant eager staff, outdoor dining available. Go early or late to find a parking place and expect to see every local you know!