“Great Friendly Staff - Underground Parking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Inn

Regal Inn
You added Regal Inn to your Saves list
Regal Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2508 Jacksonville Hwy. (Highway 161), North Little Rock, AR 72117 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn North Little Rock)   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in North Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Friendly Staff - Underground Parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

I stayed at this establishment for 3 weeks. They offer great rates for those staying for a week or longer. The staff is very professional and very helpful. They also have a free continental breakfast, wireless internet and satellite television. The building is old, however, the prices cannot be beat. I loved the underground parking when it snowed! Don't write this place off up front, they even have jacuzzi suites available! Thanks to the great staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
mraman, Guest Relations Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
This is the Wrong hotel your review is posted too.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
asheville, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

After a long day and night of driving across the country my partner and I decided to stay at a hotel for the night. I called AAA and found the best value for the money $46.00 for a double non-smoking room at the Econo Lodge off the same exit as "America's Worst". As I was going in to pay for the room at this remodeled, very nice affordable hotel I see a sign that says "No pets allowed". Having two cats I knew this was not going to work. I went back to my list of hotels and called the next cheapest hotel on the list, America's Best. The man on the phone gave me one word answers to my questions and hardly did that. He gave me the answer I wanted, which was "we accept pets for a $5 non-refundable deposit." I should have known when he said this, the hotel would be awful, but it was 1 am and we were both tired and wanted to sleep. The hotel room would be $45.00 for the night including the pet deposit. As I went up to the bullet proof glass to make my reservation I had to knock on the window to get the guy working the front desk to even acknowledge me.

He gave me the room, which I'm guessing was the "pet room". I will try to describe to the best of my ability how awful this room was in a few quick details. The room smelled of horrible urine, animal urine stains on the floor, wall paper falling off the wall, toilet running constantly, black smudges on the door, matress and springs had horrible stains, and there was a spider in the bed as pulled the sheets back. If I could turn back time I would've called the front desk and asked for a room change or our money back, but it was late and we had already got our 2 cats out of the car.

After not sleeping well we got our showers, the best thing about the hotel was the water pressure. My partner went into the lobby as we were leaving and begin to fill up her thermos of coffee for the long drive ahead and the front desk person asked, "You're not going to fill that all the way up are you?" The nerve!

As we drove down the road we recounted the awful experience and decided something should've been said. My partner called the hotel and told the guy, who I'm guessing was the manager, about the room and about the experience and how he should be aware that the health department would more than likely shut him down if they saw a room in that condition. His response? "Call Obama". He could've cared less about the condition of his hotel room, business, etc. Horrible.

I hardly ever write reviews unless I have something very good to say, however I felt it necessary to share this horrible experience. I'm not one to be dissatisfied and for the most part I look for the best in situations, however, it seemed it was very hard to find it in this situation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

Lets see.Cockroaches called front desk and said if they became a problem they could change our room.Place was filthy.Dirty walls,doors and it smelled.Would not tell anyone of this place.Lets look at the time four hours was enough for me.Place should be turned into the health board.Trust me I'm not just letting it go with a review.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

We were looking for a one night, safe, inexpensive, and quiet spot on our way home after an extended vacation. This place met our needs. We felt safe, it was very inexpensive, and it was quiet. Granted, it was not located at a "glamour" exit, but for what we were looking for, it was OK. And yes, it was an older place with some condition issues. Once in our room, however, it was satisfactory. If you want to pay Holiday Inn prices or Hampton Inn prices, go ahead. But if finances are an issue, this place will do for a night.

• Liked — low price
  • Disliked — needs total renovation
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NW Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

My family has traveled a lot and this is by far the worst place I have had the misfortune to stay. There was nothing good about this place. It was filthy, smelly, the paint was peeling, the furniture was in disrepair, the air didn't work. There were bugs, the curtains were ripped. There is nothing I can say bad enough to describe our experience with this place. They refused to return our money so that we could go to another motel. Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northwest Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2007

We checked in using their Value Card that is good for an upgraded room. We saw our upgraded room and checked out. The bathroom was dirty and "used". The heating/air unit was falling out of the wall onto the floor. We didn't ask for a different room because this was an "upgraded" room, according to the check-in clerk. We cancelled reservations at another America's Best Value Inn because of this hotel. We didn't want to take a chance. We contacted the corporate office and they forwarded our concerns to the hotel. The hotel contacted us blaming us because we asked if we could check in an hour early, and also said we didn't give them a chance to change our room assignment. Why would we want another room when we were already given an upgraded room. If there was a better room, why weren't we given that room to begin with. We gave them a chance and their attitude toward us makes it very easy to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Price, but then it appeared we got what we paid for!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here, please.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Regal Inn? Share your experiences!