“The hotel that I wish was the model for every Best Western Plus” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in North Little Rock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“The hotel that I wish was the model for every Best Western Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Comfort and Convenience

The Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites is the hotel that I wish was the model for every Best Western Plus. It is extraordinary in its comfort and thoughtful conveniences. It is a better stay than a great many hotels I’ve stayed at that cost three times as much.

Room Comforts

Our room was very comfortable, clean, and uncrowded. It has the best bed arrangements I have ever seen at any hotel at any price. The bed is very comfortable (obvious key importance for a restful hotel stay). I love the side table on each side of the king bed, convenient for setting a book, etc. with a light above each and a power outlet in each one (even a nice low wattage reading light tube on each side). For me this makes it perfectly convenient to have my phone plugged in so that I can read a book using my Android phone as my Kindle (the best Kindle solution in my opinion…your books are always with you, easy to hold in one hand, easy to read lying down) and a place to set it when I am finished (if I didn’t fall asleep while reading), and it is still fully charged the next morning. For those who prefer to read sitting up in bed, this hotel most thoughtfully provided very nice wall mounted padding as the “headboard”, comfortable to sit against in bed.

The room has a very nice desk arrangement. A comfortable adjustable office chair, the usual great desk lamp with double power outlets in the base plus a wall outlet positioned for each access just above the desk, an Ethernet connection (that includes the cable!) plus broadband Wi-Fi (which I don’t use because I just turn my Android into a secure wireless access point).

Restroom: Sound insulation is better than most. In many hotels one can hear what is going on from one restroom to the neighbors. Not so here. The shower here has a shower head that protrudes out from the wall providing an uncommon vertical shower stream. I like the bowed-out shower curtain rod used in all Best Western hotels to provide more elbow room while showering. Some time back we bought the same model for our home.

It is always a relief to discover that the restroom has more than the normal limited counter space and a hair dryer that does not have its cord draped all over your personal items or coffee maker (some hotels have the coffee maker on the limited restroom counter space; here the coffee maker and fridge are in a special alcove next to the restroom).

Hotel Comforts

Friendly staff
Very nice indoor pool, Jacuzzi and fitness center
Convenient business center with computers and printer
Clean and well maintained throughout
Free breakfast common to all Best Western hotels including my favorite, Belgian waffles
Direct, convenient access to get back onto I-40 and near a host of stores and restaurants.

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites. The cost is reasonable, the location convenient, and the hotel offers a relaxing and restful stay. Just the way we like it. But this hotel goes above and beyond the experience of other Best Western Plus hotels.

For a complete report please visit frictionfactor.com/2282

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bwpam, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and personal observations regarding your most recent stay at the Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and it truly is our pleasure to provide you with clean guest rooms and the most comfortable accommodations. Thank you for noticing the extra care in your room, I will be certain to share your kind words with our Housekeeping and front desk acknowledging their efforts. we hope to see you in the future Pam Pothi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had read other reviews about how nice this hotel was but I was still pleasantly surprised to see how really, really nice it was. This borders on being a luxury hotel just on a smaller scale. This is by far the best Best Western I have stayed. It is a little difficult to get to but is very conveniently located.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We'd love to welcome you back again. Thank you for your feedback, the Team and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Pam Pothi
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were just there for the weekend to attend a wedding. This hotel was a very nice surprise! It is very conveniently located, just off of I-40. From the lobby to the bathroom, everything was impeccably decorated! Everything is very contemporary and clean-the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was actually large enough to change clothes in! The shower even had a rain shower head in it. The breakfast was above and beyond a "continental breakfast" it had eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit, muffins, oatmeal and waffles. The only negative was that the bathroom didn't have a vent fan-and that was the ONLY negative. The pool and hot tub were clean and ready to use. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for being our guest at the Best Western Plus, and for taking the time to share the experience of your stay!We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to North Little Rock, Arkansas. Pam Pothi
North Little Rock, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and have not had bad service or a bad experience. The first stay was 3/2011 and the second stay was 10/2013, both stays were very accommodating and did not have any issues. The price was good. The breakfast was perfect, we had 7 people and it sure saved money versus eating out daily. The part of town that this hotel is in is not the best, but there were always police patrolling the area and there is a police station across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you in the future Pam Pothi
Hempstead, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently took a road trip with my toddler and grandfather and we booked this hotel for one night. Our hotel room was nice and clean, but another couple checking in at the same time (late check in) showed right back up in the lobby saying their room had not been cleaned. We did not have any issues, so I will write that off as mistakes do sometimes happen. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the breakfast (food and area) was great. My only reason for not giving the hotel an excellent review is that there were no restaurants or drive-thrus...or even a convenience store...in the area to get anything to eat. We had driven all day and needed to get settled in since we were traveling with a 2-year old so it was very inconvenient and frustrating to be in an unfamiliar area with literally nothing around it. Next trip we will be staying in another area with more retail available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jones_Hillary, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please visit us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I would have given this hotel an "Very good" or even and "Excellent" except if you are like us after a long day in the car we look for a hotel that has a hot tub and that's where the average comes in. We doubled checked before checking in that they had a hot tub and were answered "Yes" what they didn't tell us was that the hot tub was horrible, green and cloudy and unusable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review, please visit us again soon!
Gardner, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 10/18/13 for one night. Neither of us was familiar with North Little Rock and I dutifully researched the hotels on TripAdvisor. I normally don't stay at Best Westerns, but I had never stayed at a Best Western "Plus," and this hotel seemed to have the best reviews overall, so unfortunately, we chose it.

We were running late to a concert, so we needed to check in late, after the show. I called at around 6 p.m. to make sure there would be no issues with us having our room. The person who answered the phone assured me that there would be no issues with our reservation.

When we tried to check in at around 11 p.m., it was a different story. After we checked in, we were given our keys and went to our room, 419. The keys didn't work, so we took (in the clerk's words), the "Slow-[--] elevator," back to the front desk. She made new keys for us and was very apologetic. Ok, no biggie. We go back up to the room and the keys worked, but someone else's stuff was in there. Clearly, the room was occupied. Now we were frustrated since we just wanted to get to our room and rest, but we went back to the front desk. Now there was a problem because there were no other rooms available. The clerk assured us that the person in room 419 had checked out and that no one was in that room. She said that they were going to remove the person's things from the room. I asked about the room being cleaned for us so we could use it. The clerk offered us a refund of our money, which was not acceptable to us, particularly given that I was confident that the other hotels in town would be full. Then, she said, "I'm not supposed to do this, but..." and gave us the room of another person who was arriving late to the hotel. I really hope they cleaned room 419 and gave the room to that person, but we did take the room that was offered to us. She took $10 off the bill and said that she would talk to the manager about taking off an additional $10 or $20. We were just glad to have our room, finally.

Our room was clean and the bed was reasonably confortable, except the pillows are extremely tiny. Also, the walls are paper-thin, so you definitely hear your neighbors.

The next morning, we experienced the free breakfast that the hotel offers. It is horrible. Stale donuts, no eggs (there were eggs once, but none for us), no forks, no yogurt. You would be better off getting a cinnamon roll out of one of the vending machines, honestly. This left us feeling pretty irritated, so when we checked out, I asked the clerk (the same one who had checked us in) whether she had asked the manager about taking the additional $10 or $20 off our bill. She said that she asked her, and that, actually, the manager told her that she shouldn't have taken the $10 off that she did on her own because "we had a full house." In other words, if we weren't happy with something, we could simply leave and the hotel wouldn't lose any business because they would be able to sell our room anyway. Not exactly a business that cares about its customers or having repeat business. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire staff, we apologize that you did not receive the guest service that you deserved. That is certainly not the way we do business here at Best Western Plus JFK. I would like to thank you for bring this to our attention and we will make sure it is fixed. I would like to invite you back to visit us again, and experience the new management that has taken our customer service to the next level of greatness. We strive daily to make sure each guest is taken care of and knows they are appreciated, and I want you to have that as well. Give me a call and let us hep you have a wonderful experience, the way it should be.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!