“Not Good” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gardner, Kansas
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 10/18/13 for one night. Neither of us was familiar with North Little Rock and I dutifully researched the hotels on TripAdvisor. I normally don't stay at Best Westerns, but I had never stayed at a Best Western "Plus," and this hotel seemed to have the best reviews overall, so unfortunately, we chose it.

We were running late to a concert, so we needed to check in late, after the show. I called at around 6 p.m. to make sure there would be no issues with us having our room. The person who answered the phone assured me that there would be no issues with our reservation.

When we tried to check in at around 11 p.m., it was a different story. After we checked in, we were given our keys and went to our room, 419. The keys didn't work, so we took (in the clerk's words), the "Slow-[--] elevator," back to the front desk. She made new keys for us and was very apologetic. Ok, no biggie. We go back up to the room and the keys worked, but someone else's stuff was in there. Clearly, the room was occupied. Now we were frustrated since we just wanted to get to our room and rest, but we went back to the front desk. Now there was a problem because there were no other rooms available. The clerk assured us that the person in room 419 had checked out and that no one was in that room. She said that they were going to remove the person's things from the room. I asked about the room being cleaned for us so we could use it. The clerk offered us a refund of our money, which was not acceptable to us, particularly given that I was confident that the other hotels in town would be full. Then, she said, "I'm not supposed to do this, but..." and gave us the room of another person who was arriving late to the hotel. I really hope they cleaned room 419 and gave the room to that person, but we did take the room that was offered to us. She took $10 off the bill and said that she would talk to the manager about taking off an additional $10 or $20. We were just glad to have our room, finally.

Our room was clean and the bed was reasonably confortable, except the pillows are extremely tiny. Also, the walls are paper-thin, so you definitely hear your neighbors.

The next morning, we experienced the free breakfast that the hotel offers. It is horrible. Stale donuts, no eggs (there were eggs once, but none for us), no forks, no yogurt. You would be better off getting a cinnamon roll out of one of the vending machines, honestly. This left us feeling pretty irritated, so when we checked out, I asked the clerk (the same one who had checked us in) whether she had asked the manager about taking the additional $10 or $20 off our bill. She said that she asked her, and that, actually, the manager told her that she shouldn't have taken the $10 off that she did on her own because "we had a full house." In other words, if we weren't happy with something, we could simply leave and the hotel wouldn't lose any business because they would be able to sell our room anyway. Not exactly a business that cares about its customers or having repeat business. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jones_Hillary, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff, we apologize that you did not receive the guest service that you deserved. That is certainly not the way we do business here at Best Western Plus JFK. I would like to thank you for bring this to our attention and we will make sure it is fixed. I would like to invite you back to visit us again, and experience the new management that has taken our customer service to the next level of greatness. We strive daily to make sure each guest is taken care of and knows they are appreciated, and I want you to have that as well. Give me a call and let us hep you have a wonderful experience, the way it should be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The photos on the website did not do this hotel justice. It was very nice and clean. The rooms were large and the bed was amazing. I actually pulled back the sheets to see what type it was. It was a Serta Perfect Sleeper. It was so comfortable and clean. The bathroom was large and it had nice white fluffy towels. The breakfast was comparable to a Hampton Inn. We typically stay in a Hampton but after staying here, we will stay with Best Western in the future. My only complaint would be that with one elevator it could take a few minutes for an elevator to arrive.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
bwpam, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words we really appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you in the future...Pam Pothi
Bentonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff was amazing and very helpful. The room was very clean and nice. I will stay at this property whenever I am in town. The beds are COMFORTABLE!! Mercedes the front desk clerk goes above and beyond and excels at great customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your compliments. We strive very hard to make all our guest happy , I am happy to hear that the staff was helpful and that Mercedese went above and beyond to help you in whatever you needed..Thank You Pam Pothi
Ketchum, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

this hotel was nice and clean, easy to get to off I-40, happy people at check in, comfortable beds, soft towels and nice size bathroom. it had a very modern look and the breakfast bar was just fine. we would stay there again and recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your opinion. Your comments and compliments are greatly appreciated. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Pam Pothi
Marrero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My 79 year old mom went on a bus trip from New Orleans . While on that trip she fell at a local restaurant and broke her ankle. She was checked in at the Best Western Plus JFK in North Little Rock. After she returned that night from the hospital the cab driver could not get her to the room and while trying to help her get out of the cab she fell to the sidewalk and could not get up. The hotel people got her a blanket because it was cold and called the fire dept who arrived and tried to help but had no gurney so they called the ambulance? When it arrived the firemen picked her up an put her on the gurney and brought her to the room. The hotel people took care of her till I arrived from N O. To pick her up when once again the hotel people called the fire dept to help get her into the van for the drive back. This hotel management and workers went out of the way to help us and I recommend this hotel to everyone! Great job I will stay at Best Western hotels when ever possible. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for visiting with us, please come back to see us again soon!
West Memphis, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

great hotel...,easy to get to from interstate....good breakfast for the kids and family. nice pool...good location to attractions... helpful and friendly staff...we have stay here on three different occasions and each stay has been excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the kind comments. We always enjoy hearing from our guests. We're all pleased that you had an great experience while staying with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to North Little Rock. Arkansas Sincerely, Pam Pothi
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were driving 1800 miles through Little Rock and quickly booked at the BW Plus JFK in North LR ...this place is fabulous and a great buy for the money...we had a King suite...nice'n roomy, separate couch/sitting area...pool is nice and clean...staff very, very nice (especially Daisy). Beds/linens and room finishes are all top shelf. If you usually like the Hyatt Place or Hilton Garden Inn type accommodation/amenities (where we usually stay), give this place a shot, it certainly equaled, or in my opinion, exceeded my experiences (which have been great) at those chains. Location was perfect for driving through Little Rock as it is easily accessible from either I30 or I40. I'd certainly try another BW Plus hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bwpam, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank You very much for your kind review, we certainley value your opinion, please come back and visit us again.

Pam pothi GM

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!