“Celebration meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Celebration meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary with an evening meal at Piccola Roma and we were not disappointed, it was delicious! The specials menu was excellent and so well presented. The waiting staff were very good and all tables were full. Well worth the visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
charliesouthampton, Owner at Piccola Roma, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am very pleased you enjoyed your meal. I hope we will see you again soon!

• Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant, their food is great as well as their service ! I can not stop coming! The staff are very friendly and the chefs are amazing !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
charliesouthampton, Owner at Piccola Roma, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
As a regular and valued customer, thankyou for your continuing support and kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Portsmouth, England
“We shall return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I have passed this Italian restaurant many a time and keep meaning to try it. Saturday night we finally did and very nice it was too. The decor is fresh and clean, black & white photos on the wall of Italian comedians and lovely orchids in the large window where we sat. The staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. See more here livelifelovecake about our visit. We both had pasta for the main dish and tiramisu for dessert which was very tasty. Next time I shall try and make room for a meat dish as well! We shall definitely return and I'm looking forward to it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thankyou for taking the time to write this. Reviews always have an impact on the restaurant and it is therefore so appreciated when people write. We will look forward to seeing you again!
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We gave this restaurant a second chance last night as we had been disappointed on our first visit when it first opened. Again we were disappointed. Food and especially pizza poor. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and they dealt with our complaint about the food to our satisfaction. Wine list was good. We went elsewhere for dessert.

Visited August 2013
charliesouthampton, Owner at Piccola Roma, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy the pizzas. Thank you for coming back and for your positive comments about the staff and wine list. We will investigate what went wrong with your evening and endeavour to resolve any problem areas.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

So far I have been here for lunch as in a heat wave nothing for me beats a nice Italian buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad and very lovely it was too. Tonight I ordered some pizzas to take away, this was something I learnt from the owner, which in this area is a welcome change from only options of indian and chinese. It was clear the dough was fresh and was really enjoyed by all, good thin base with the right balance of crisp and softness to it. My relatives are Italian and we believe a pizza slice should never be horizontal and straight but a decent dip down at the ends :)
I will be coming back again to try more. The only area I would call picking at... More booze in the tiramisu please!

Visited July 2013
charliesouthampton, Owner at Piccola Roma, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thankyou for your comments and I will certainly be more generous with my slugs of Kahlua in the Tiramisuu! See you again x