“A good pub for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 restaurants in Wiveton
Cuisines: English, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Description: Award winning Pub in idealic setting on the village green opposite parish church. Sunny south facing garden, traditional interiors with a modern edge, stove fire in winter, local beers and local food, dogs and children welcome. See website for full details and to book online.
UK
“A good pub for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very popular pub, and if your party is more than two it's essential to book. The menu is more interesting than many pubs. All the food we had was well cooked and presented, and the staff were charming and efficient.

Visited November 2013

78% Recommend
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Pleasant but not fabulous”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently stayed in the White Room, a pleasant nicely decorated room. I imagine in peak season you will get noise from the bar as the White Room is located directly above it.

The bathroom is well fiited out, however the shower only ran Luke warm, also the door to the bathroom offers no privacy, it is a saloon type door with large circular holes in it. This does detract from the quality of the room considerably. However, my main comment would be the room really did need a deep clean. Under the bed was dirty and dusty as were the wooden slats visible at the side of the mattress, cobwebs in corners etc.

All above taken into account I probably would stay again but in a different room. The location is wonderful to enjoy this coastal area of Norfolk.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Let me tell you a secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I do not live in Norfolk an hesitate to write this review lease I cannot get a booking when I am up there. This place is great. Good food good beer. I have been going there sing 1976 when I was A local school boy! It is good for families. It is worth the trip.

Visited October 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent even though a little hard to find!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A quick lunch turned into a full blown dinner. Nothing more i need to say other than excellent on every count.

Great service, quality of food £ for £, excellent.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We ate at the Wiveton Bell on a Thursday evening. It was fairly busy when we arrived but a relaxed atmosphere. Almost immediately upon looking at the menu my wife spotted a stray apostrophe (petit poi's). Once she had calmed down we ordered our food. I ordered the Fish and Chips, which was the 'Wine and Dine' option for the day, and a pint of Yetman's beer. My wife ordered the ribeye steak which was good but slightly let down by the chips. The chips which came with the steak were thick cut and weren't as nice as the chips I got with my meal. As a result my wife part exchanged some of her thick cut chips and an onion ring for some of my superior chips. Not an ideal situation but I did get an onion ring out of it. I couldn't fault the fish and chips and the beer was nice too. For desert we both had the panna cotta which was very good. The service was excellent, efficient and friendly. Our waitress was dressed as a cat which I suspect was to do with it being Oct 31st and isn't usual attire but as this was our first visit I cannot confirm this. Overall it was a very good meal and we would eat here again. The 'Wine and Dine' option in particular was very good value. Lose the apostrophe and the thick chips and it would be 5/5.