“La Vue is The Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 South Hill B&B and Inns
new york
“La Vue is The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Just returned from our 5th stay at La Vue, and I can honestly say this place is hands down the best in terms of rooms, location, price, views, and a great staff! It has become our home away from home, and I would recommend this place to all my family and friends.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are well worth the little extra $$. Having your coffee on the terrace while overloo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This place is a treasure of Anguilla.The room was FAB.The staff were wonderful.I wish I was still there.Views over Sandy ground were magnificent.Easy access to all areas.I cant fault the place and I hope the prices dont rise too much.Would recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Not quite home, but the hotel is clean, comfortable, 10 minutes from the The Valley (in the centre of the island), with very pleasant staff. It is is just above a very nice beach with good snorkeling and lots of night life. A pool is being built now.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a spectacular view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I wrote a review of my stay at La Vue, right after my 4 day stay there in April, 2010. For some reason, it was never published by TripAdvisor, and since I never check my "contributions" I only noticed recently that the review was nowhere to be found.

Since it has been almost 2 years, I don't recall what I wrote, but I do recall the warm welcome by the Hughes and their staff, as well as their willingness to go the extra mile to ensure my stay, as a solo traveller, was as relaxing and stress-free as possible. This included a ride to and from dinner at Tasty's my first night on island. They could have just ordered me a taxi - but no - it was like being looked after by family!

I stayed in a garden view room, at the back of the property, therefore did not have access to that beautiful sea view. I didn't really miss it though, as I was only staying for a few days, and my mission was to rent a car and check out as may beaches as possible. La Vue's location is perfect for this, as it is situated sort of between the east and the west side of the island with easy access in either direction. Since the view of Road Bay/Sandy Ground really IS spectacular, both in the morning and at sunset, I would say that for longer stays, you might want to upgrade to a room at the front of the property. Still, a few steps through the lush little garden provided me easy access to that same view. The location also made it easy to drive to Sandy Ground at night to take advantage of some wonderful restaurants and Elvis's beach bar.

The room itself was spacious - with a comfortable king-size bed, and a surprisingly big kitchen with ample counter space, full-size fridge, coffee-maker, micro-wave and basic cooking utensils, plates, mugs, glassware, etc. The only glitch for me was the bathroom, which didn't really have sufficient counter area to deal with hair dryer and curling/straightening rods. Females need a bit more elbow room in the bathroom, I think. The tub was fine, however. The room was always immaculately made up and clean. I found this really surprising, only because there was some construction going on outside the room -- Kirk was building a bar in the garden, therefore, some debris directly outside the room's "back door" could easily contribute to the presence of insects and dust indoors. But, I found none of this. The room was just pristine every day upon my return from the beach!

The added touches, considering the low rates for a garden room, were what made things special here - free wifi (worked very well and speedily!), big bottles of spring water in the fridge and more to spare if I asked, a full tin of Santo Domingo coffee in the room, and those simple, but delicious continental breakfasts with fresh fruit, banana or other breakfast bread and pastries along with coffee, tea and juice.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Excellent, excellent value for the money!

Room Tip: Save your money, if you don't need a sea view from your room, and book a garden room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Very nice little B&B. We had a room on the second floor with a large open space, small kitchen area, and bed. The balcony was nice, and the view amazing.
The owner plans on adding a third floor, as well as a pool in the back of the hotel. This will add a lot, to a well-situated place.
The people were outstanding, and as always with the people of Anguilla, friendly, honest and helpful.
We were able to walk down the hill to Sandy Ground via a path, and made it easy to get to several restaurants; as well as Elvis' beach bar, and we saw a few bands at the Pumphouse.
I would recommend this place as a good deal , especially in high season, and a good base to explore the island.

Room Tip: second floor , view of Sandy Ground
MplsMN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just got back from Anguilla.Stayed at La Vue. Would definitely go back. Very good value. You're not on the beach but you overlook the beach at Sandy Ground. Our room had a balcony, king bed and a well equiped kitchen. It was great! Easy location to get to everything. Staff and owners are awesome! No pool currently but it's in the plans for next year.

Room Tip: We looked at a few and liked them all but we had the corner room #201 and were very pleased.
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. We rented the ocean view suite which has a gorgeous view of the sea overlooking Sandy Ground. The hotel is very clean and brightly colored and the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Its a recently constructed hotel with modern amenities that's a value when compared against other hotels in Anguilla of this caliber. We've stayed at another hotel for the last 6 years and will definitely make this our new hotel in Anguilla.

Room Tip: The best value are the ocean view suites. Not sure of the view of the garden view rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Vue? Share your experiences!